November 2012 Weddings
Options

Getting married on Thanksgiving day!

We finally set a date, our anniverery 2012, but it happens to fall on thanksgiving day! I have been thinking about it, and I think it will work if we have it in the evening, 7ish, and don't serve dinner (just cake and coffee). What do you think?

Re: Getting married on Thanksgiving day!

• Options
    The most expensive day in the year to travel, and for guests who you are expecting to get you a gift, pay for their own hotel rooms, transportation, etc....  Thanksgiving is typicaly a family day,  but where you are having the wedding is this where the family typically travles to???  probably not.  what you are asking your guests to give up and spend and in turn you are only serving cake... seriously???  why not just send an annoucement that says I'm super selfish and just want a gift.       This is a major holiday and you want everyone to give up their traditions so you can have a cheap wedding - if you can't afford a wedding dont have one and don't do it at the expensive of everyone else.  believe me EVERYONE will remember your selfishness.  BAD IDEA!  SUPER BAD SELFISH IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_getting-married-thanksgiving-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:4dad94f3-ff02-44db-a975-eadaa8973c11Post:92a20e4f-763a-4616-9742-558fcef2c92c">Getting married on Thanksgiving day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We finally set a date, our anniverery 2012, but it happens to fall on thanksgiving day! I have been thinking about it, and I think it will work if we have it in the evening, 7ish, and don't serve dinner (just cake and coffee). What do you think?
    Posted by MrsIrishRuiz[/QUOTE]
    I have to post just to counter the putz who posted supper bad idea etc etc. That would be a person you certainly wouldn't want at a wedding!!!!!  So good that they wouldn't come.  I too am thinking the same thing and have all these concerns - the conerns are OBVIOUS otherwise you wouldn't have posted the question.<div>
    </div><div>My parents were married on Thanksgiving Day during WWII. Myself - I feel like I have just come through a war in order to have this glorious day of thanks. My whole family will be with us - in fact I have all me neices and nephews and great neices and great nephews in my wedding party. We are all here to celebrate and give thanks for a miracle. Yes there will be travel involved. I have rented two big houses for two weeks so all out of towners can stay and have a vacation as well.   </div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, the other side of family likfe will get compromised but each person is then spending Christmas with the other side to balance things out. Where there is a will there is a way. For friends, who feel more conflicted, I will understand if they do not come but some have said there is no way they wouldn't be there.</div><div>
    </div><div>So it all depends - my wedding is small and intimate and ONLY the people who are truly connected to me and my guy and wish the best and want to come to witness a miracle of joy will be here. </div><div>
    </div><div>Warmly,</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards