September 2013 Weddings
Options

Do you?

On my way to work this morning on my fav radio station they were talking about how 58% of women ck the SO txt messages/emails/facebook.  Do you?  Would you?  Have you ever found anything in an ex's phone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you?

• Options
       I've, stupidly, done it in the past and I felt so guilty after that I have never done it again.  I know I can trust him 100% so it was really awful that I even did it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am not gonna lie I ck messages on his FB if he leaves it up and will also ck the phone if it is laying around.  If you have nothing to hide then they shouldnt get mad right? 

I did this with an ex and found out he was txting some chick he meet online.  Saying he was single and also sending pics (X rated pics)  We were suppose to get married but that didnt happen. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mandi, if I was suspicious or had it happen in the past I would honestly look at it all as well.  That is totally awful that it happened to you.  Thank god you found out before you married him!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I was looking for hints we were going to get engaged! He is always logged in to his mail on his iPad, and there was one email to the jeweler he forgot to delete. I knew he was on the right track after I saw those pics!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll look at FI's texts/facebook when I'm bored and in the car with him, mostly because he's bad at telling me what he's told other people about our plans, or he'll ask me to text somebody while he's driving and I read for context. And I was looking like crazy when I was looking for engagement hints! "Babe, what's this number you keep calling in Evanston...?" "Oh, that's just my boss" "Oh, okay...". SO not his boss! Lol it was the jewelers, which I had figured. I'd never check his email though, I think that's more of a personal boundary thing for some reason.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We both leave our accounts open all the time and know each others' usernames and passwords.  One time his inbox was up and I clicked on what looked like a juicy message.  But then my conscience got the better of me and I closed it out and never did it again even though I have access.  I respect and love him too much to keep doing that.  It makes me feel icky.  And I don't think he checks mine either.  But it's possible he may have.  He's never mentioned it either way.
  • Options
    I run FI's email and FB because he's horrible at responding to anything, and he usually doesn't have an answer until talking to me first anyway lol.  I have checked texts; been burned before by an idiot and stuck it out for way too long, looking and peeking and checking, so it's an old habit.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Nope. I have before when we were on a break and I was suspicious that there had been something going on before we broke up, but not since then. I've responded to texts for him while driving and we have a joint email for wedding related stuff but we each respect each others privacy even though we know each others passwords. Neither of us have anything to hide. We're open about everything and I don't see the need to know everything FI does. We're two separate people. I guess we're weird. shrug
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Never have, never will. He's never given me any reason not to trust him so why mess with it now, right?
  • Options
    Yes , I do it all the time and there have been times I find things that shouldnt be there.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Back when we were in our first six months of dating or so we had taken a road trip to meet one of his best friends.  I really enjoyed our trip and really hit it off with his best friend and his girlfriend at the time.  When we got back, he had left his phone laying there and I was curious to see if him and best friend texted back and forth.  I really thought I would find messages that read I was a keeper or various things like that.  I mean, my best friend and I do that so I only assumed that guys did that too.  (Not so much). 

Unfortunately, I did not find a message like that.  But I did find one from a woman sent late at night that was sexual in nature.  My heart about jumped out of my chest.  He had responded to her jokingly and didn't address what she had propositioned at all.  But it still freaked me out.  I was so confused and didn't know what to do.  Finally after a few days of it eating me alive, I confessed to looking in his phone.  He didn't care and explained that the woman was a friend and occasional booty call prior to meeting me.  It still stung.  But I trusted him and this "Allison" chick was nothing to him.  In fact, she lived a few states away and they knew each other from college.  But man, that about killed me.

Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I text for him when he's driving because it scares the ish out of me when he's paying attention to that instead of the road.  He and I both know each other's passwords, but I don't think he's gone exploring my inbox and I haven't gone into his because I have no need to.  We have enough trouble keeping anything from each other that it's killing me to not show him my dress!
  • Options
    I refuse to look. I did that before in a previous relationship and was not happy. FI leaves his phone laying around though and I know the unlock code so I can look if I want
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Do you?:[QUOTE]I text for him when he's driving because it scares the ish out of me when he's paying attention to that instead of the road.nbsp; He and I both know each other's passwords, but I don't think he's gone exploring my inbox and I haven't gone into his because I have no need to.nbsp; We have enough trouble keeping anything from each other that it's killing me to not show him my dress! Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]

Its hard for me not to show my FI my prospects of dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:9dafe8ba-9d21-4e3f-8075-0263e4a403afPost:044d0c16-3fa9-4cb1-a9d3-e12c604b5060">Do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]On my way to work this morning on my fav radio station they were talking about how 58% of women ck the SO txt messages/emails/facebook.  Do you?  Would you?  Have you ever found anything in an ex's phone?
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

i have checked in the past at ex's phones for reasons of not trusting them - or knowing they were lying about something  - and i have looked at FI phone - but not for snooping - i legitimately was looking for info that he had as a text on his phone and i needed - times for things or something -
    and usually he knew i was looking when i was - if he didnt i told him
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I look a lot of times but not because I am looking for stuff but only because I am a nose... He knows I do it and I always ask him if he's okay with it... :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We check each other's phones or accounts. it is not that we are suspicious or anything but we can't explain stuff very well so we have to read the message to understand what was said.

I used to check my EX phone thus why he is the EX
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards