New Jersey - South
Options

New here- Need Venue Advice

Hi all,
I'm new here.  My fiancé and I are shooting to get married in July 2011.  We're looking for unique venues in the central Jersey area.  We looked at the Prallsville Mill in Stockton today and are pretty excited about it but I have concerns.  To rent the venue, you must go through Brillman's Rental Barn.  I first contacted them mid-August and got an e-mail saying someone would contact me shortly to set up a tour.  It took them until this week to get back to me= over 5 weeks.  The few reviews I found were pretty negative as far as their responsiveness.  That makes me nervous.  
Has anyone here had any experiences with Brillmans?  With Prallsville Mill?
And is it even possible to overcome an unresponsive vendor for a beautiful, rustic, unique venue? 

Photobucket

Re: New here- Need Venue Advice

• Options
    edited December 2011

i know nothing about the venue  your speaking of but if your already having concerns..i think it is just going to get worse....if they arent even trying hard to get your business, then in my opinion your business isnt that important to them.....they are hoping that you will fall in love with the place and settle for inferior service....

If it were me i would find another venue....

BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. If someone cannot contact a potential client, what makes you think theyre going to be good once you're already a client?  When there's a doubt, go elsewhere. Trust your gut on EVERYTHING
    Kerry Anniversary
  • Options
    dinnamingdinnaming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks... we agreed.  It would end up being too much stress!  We're going to go with somewhere else....   
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too had problems with them. You have to KEEP bugging them by phone and email. We're looking at The Stockton Inn instead now. Let me know how you do and what you decide. Thanks! 
  • Options
    dinnamingdinnaming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's such a shame because it really is a beautiful, unique venue.  We ended up choosing the Moorestown Community House in Moorestown, NJ.  It's still vintage, without the rustic feel.  

Good luck with your search!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards