Flowers
Options

COST???!!!???

I have absolutly NO idea what flowers for a wedding should cost. 
What is reasonable to centerpieces? bouquets?
HELP!!

Re: COST???!!!???

• Options

I met with 3 florists, and the quote range I got was $450 - $750. It includes:

1 Bride bouquet
    3 BM bouq
    1 tossing bouq
    1 groom bout
    4 GM bout
    5 mother/grandmother corsage
    4 father/grandfather/brother bout

I also have pricier flowers, like dahlia and nigella. You'll have to talk to multiple florists to see what prices are like in your area and time of year. 

Good luck!

• Options
    A lot depends on the geographic area, and what you want.

Are you expecting to have centerpieces and the items mentioned above by maddynamite? Her quote, in her area, may be good, but that does not include centerpieces or flowers for the church/chapel.

Page down this topic board and see what others have posted. There are a lot of options if you are willing to do a little DIY work. Also ask on your local board about affordable florists in your area. Do price comparisons.
  • Options
    As Sue mentioned, it really depends on your location and what flowers you want. Here is a really rough estimate, based on my own experience and what I've seen from other people's post. Bridal bouquet $150-200 BM bouquet $50-75 Bouts $8-10 Corsages $15-25 Short centerpieces $50-75 Tall centerpieces $120-150 Very large alter arrangements $200-250 These are florist prices. I think I am going a bit on the higher end. DIY is much cheaper, but takes a lot of work. We did both.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    My flower budget was about 10% of my overall budget. I see you're from NJ. If you're in the northern NJ area, I can recommend Schweinfurth Florist, who we used. Here is their website for more information. 

If you go onto the local NJ board, there are many helpful ladies who can also suggest the florist that they have used. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

ditto everyone else. It really depends on your location and what you're looking for. Ours ended up costing over $4k in CT and I don't think we really got anything too extravagent so it really depends.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Thank you all!!
  • Options
    If you don't want to pay for the high cost of a florist, but don't want to sacrifice your floral pieces, I would suggest going the DIY way.  Lots of brides are doing it now, and you can use real flowers without paying for expensive arrangements.  My cousins have gone with www.wholesaleflowersovernight.com with tremendous success.  The flowers were beautiful and fresh when they got here, and pretty easy to arrange, especially using the free videos on their site!  The best part?  IT'S CHEAP!!!  You can get everything you need for everyone in your party, as well as centerpieces if you so choose, without spending anywhere near what a florist would charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards