Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Catering Reviews?

Hi, I am looking for anyone who has used Mintahoe (Apples) Catering or Three Sons Signature Cuisine. Thoughts? Advice? Reviews? Thanks, I really appreciate it! -D

Re: Catering Reviews?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Three Sons is amazing.  We used them for our 8/15 wedding.  What's nice is that you can design your own menu at any price point (within reason, of course) so for our 220 guest wedding we had to add a late night snack to hit our food minimum of $5k.  Super affordable.  And the food is really, really good - we got so many raves about it!  Really easy to work with, too.
  • Options
    Emily&DuncanEmily&Duncan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Mintahoe. Our wedding isn't until next summer and we haven't had our tasting yet, but we just went to their open house a couple of weeks ago. It was so yummy. It was all presented very nicely, and it wasn't just your traditional wedding food. They have a lot of variety in their menus. My favorite part was the dessert bar. Mmm cheesecake :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am working with Mintahoe for our wedding.  Joy has been great to work with and actually had her wedding where I am having mine so she has had really great ideas. The food is really priced well and there is no minimum.  The food is quite good-not amazing, but Joy is definitely willing to work FOR and WITH the customers.  We are vegetarians so the bulk of our food is veg. My experience with Three Sons was not so positive.  It took them two weeks to get back to me, but that is just my experience.
  • Options
    gcourteaugcourteau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had heard good things about Three Sons and their flexibility, but I did not experience this. When I went in for a meeting with them I told them my budget (of about $6500 for 165 guests) and they came up with an estimate that was considerably higher than what I wanted to spend, and did not offer ways to bring down the budget. I don't know if this was a selling tactic (to see if they could get me to pay more, he did keep saying this was an "emotional decision") but after the initial meeting (and finding out I had to pay for a tasting) I did not go back for more information. But like I said, I had read good things about their food and flexibility prior to that, maybe I just caught them on an off day.
  • Options
    NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Three Sons and they've been nothing but fantastic so far. We set our tasting for this December and don't have to pay a fee - they offer one tasting for free, and you have to pay for others. Colette's been fantastic with getting estimates and stuff back to me, and their rates are great - for my Friday wedding I have no minimum food or drink. We did pay to go to a big group tasting event earlier this year and it was awesome - we actually picked most of our food items from that tasting.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Mintahoe for a corporate event, but it was the Perfect Host branch not apples. I was really happy with the service and professionalism of the staff. The food... was okay. It was a holiday party and I was on a strict corporate budget, and PH ended up being more affordable than Apples.Anyway! Mintahoe = good service.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    iRenaKDiRenaKD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in August 2011, and we're working with Mintahoe through our venue. We heard a lot of good things about Mintahoe, the food and the service; unfortunately, we haven't received that while working with the company. We've been bounced from one consultant to another, which is frustrating. In addition, our tasting was awful. The food was served cold, our apps were served on stale crackers, and the mashed potatoes tasted like they're out of a box. We requested for a second tasting with one consultant, then we were given a 4 day notice about a tasting, and were told it's a paid tasting from another consultant. In short, we're not having a positive relationship with Mintahoe, and would not recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards