Iowa-Des Moines

FI Seeing the Dress Before the Wedding?

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if your FI has seen/will see your dress before the ceremony or not. And then how that might affect when you're taking pictures.

I really don't want FI to see me in my dress before the ceremony, which means we'll have to do all our photography afterwards.

We have to be out of the church by 3:30 so I'm trying to figure out how long photography will take so I can figure out what time we should start the ceremony.

Right now I'm thinking a 1:30 wedding (1 hr or less) and 30 minutes for the receiving line. Then starting family photos in the church right after. Does 30-45 minutes of photos with family at the church seem like enough? Then we'd do WP photos at an outdoor location near our venue for 45 min-1 hr. That leaves our guests waiting approx. an hour and a half for the WP to arrive to the reception.

Thoughts?

Re: FI Seeing the Dress Before the Wedding?

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Deregniern is wise! It can be done, you should however talk with your photographer for sure to make sure of a time line. Also have a person there (ie D.o.C or someone willing to take control to keep things moving).

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards