Florida-South Florida
Options

WTF Friday!

Spill it....what's on your minds???

TGIF :)

Re: WTF Friday!

• Options
    a big WTF to UPS ... Ordered our invites Sunday..approved them Monday and either Monday or Tuesday they were shipped out but for some reason UPS didn't scan the pkg. so I can't track it.  GrrrRrrrr better get here by Tuesday like it says.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • Options
    Here's a good WTF. My cousin is getting married in a few months, and in her invitation she has a note 9that she sent to everyone I have spoken to so far) that those freidns and family that dont subscribe to her particular religion (she is a bpatist) should refrain from attending the church service, as that is intended for just those who know Christ. We're more than elcome to attend the reception at the country club afterward. 

WTF???
  • Options
    @poultryprincess, I can't believe that!!!  What kind of a church does that.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wtf-friday-84?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:722f7740-7249-4cf6-96de-65f7ee7263ccPost:7c8690c6-3b32-4ac6-9f96-16c5afff1de6">Re: WTF Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@poultryprincess, I can't believe that!!!  What kind of a church does that.
    Posted by STBMrsDio[/QUOTE]

<div>Its not the church, its my cousin. Shes a real people person. Essentially, she hates that half of her family is either jewish or athiest/agnostic and doesn't want them to 'spoil' her wedding by being at the church. She certainly wants us all to attend the party though, I guess all of our gifts are religious enough for her!!</div>
  • Options
    M----Did you get my PM?
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wtf-friday-84?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:722f7740-7249-4cf6-96de-65f7ee7263ccPost:0f5cdbfc-beda-41b8-b488-fd76b64f4b73">WTF Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spill it....what's on your minds??? TGIF :)
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wtf-friday-84?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:722f7740-7249-4cf6-96de-65f7ee7263ccPost:a43fdafc-8369-4a54-80f8-7075d57604e9">Re: WTF Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's a good WTF. My cousin is getting married in a few months, and in her invitation she has a note 9that she sent to everyone I have spoken to so far) that those freidns and family that dont subscribe to her particular religion (she is a bpatist) should refrain from attending the church service, as that is intended for just those who know Christ. We're more than elcome to attend the reception at the country club afterward.  WTF???
    Posted by poultryprincess[/QUOTE]
    That's pretty messed up. I have a cousin who is like that and went a similar route. She didn't invite anyone of her family who did not share her religion. Sucked because we have nothing against her religion, we just have our own beliefs and it's not like we wished any ill feelings but it felt like a slap in the face.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wtf-friday-84?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:722f7740-7249-4cf6-96de-65f7ee7263ccPost:7de335ae-0a41-4888-a217-500afa1bb882">Re: WTF Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]M----Did you get my PM? In Response to WTF Friday! :
    Posted by sandrakari[/QUOTE]
    I PMed you back, missy! :) Thanks for sharing the good news with me!!!
  • Options
    WTF postal service office!!!! When I asked about applying for my first-time passport they never advised me I needed an appointment. I go in today and am told I need an appointment to process my application and the nearest available date is Sept. 14th!!!! I had to go to 2 different city halls to get my application processed. Highly recommend Coral Gables City Hall, fast and helpful! They were kind enough to let us fill out our paperwork again because we were given othe revised application and we didn't have a money order. We were the last ones there and never felt rushed. Don't bother going to Pinecrest or South Miami City Hall because they do not offer this service anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wtf-friday-84?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:722f7740-7249-4cf6-96de-65f7ee7263ccPost:29de08bf-80ca-41d3-8cdc-8eb385e65040">Re: WTF Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Friday! : Its not the church, its my cousin. Shes a real people person. Essentially, she hates that half of her family is either jewish or athiest/agnostic and doesn't want them to 'spoil' her wedding by being at the church. She certainly wants us all to attend the party though, I guess all of our gifts are religious enough for her!!
    Posted by poultryprincess[/QUOTE]
    My theory is if I'm not important enough to see the ceremony, then you aren't important enough for a gift! Weddings set up like this are a huge no-no anyways- its completely rude, disrespectful and gift grabby. The whole point of a wedding is to see the couple actually getting married! The party is just a bonus. SMH. Some people have no clue and no manners.
    I'm sorry your family is having to see your cousin act like this. I feel bad for her parents, I'm sure they're embarassed at her actions, it reflects badly on them for anyone not familiar with the situation and/or your cousin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards