Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Room Blocks

So our wedding is in 11 months and of the 125 people we expect to be there, 120 are coming from out of town. How many rooms should we block off - 1 hotel or 2 or 3? we are getting married at le pavillion so we are going to have a block there. does anyone have any insights on other hotels in the downtown area for a second block

thanks so much

Marc...

Re: Room Blocks

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I would start with 2, ideally in 2 different price ranges for people to choose from. We are doing the Country Inn & Suites on Magazine and they have been extremely accommodating and are a lower priced option. There are lots of good options in the area around there though.
  • Options
    i would say do at least 2 in different price ranges, three would be ideal. I did the bourbon orleans 239/nt and the riverside hilton 159/nt. The bourbon orleans was walking distance to my venue so i explained that to the guest on the wedding website, so that they could make an informed decision on where they wanted to stay and how much their budgets were.
  • Options
    I'm also using Hilton Riverside. They have been great to work with.
  • Options
    Our planner booked 3 blocks for us.  We're expecting over 200 guests and most hotels wont give you more than 20-30 rooms at a time.  If I were you, I'd book one right in the French Quarter for guests who want to spend their time there, and one based on a lower price, which will probably not be in the French Quarter. 

We have the French Quarter Hyatt, the Richelieu and the Whitney Wyndham.
  • Options
    We are doing blocks at Bourbon Orleans, Wyndham, 4 Points by Sheraton, and the Bienville House. My wedding is June 29 (a Saturday) we have blocks at least on Friday-Sunday night. Some hotels have them for us Thursday-Sunday night.

Bourbon Orleans gave us 10 rooms at $179 per night
    Wyndham gave us 20 rooms at $99 per night
    Sheraton gave us 20 rooms @ 159 per night
    Bienville House gave us 10 rooms @129 per night

We have around 200 people coming in from out of town, so we did 4 hotels.

Make sure you ask about 2 night minimum stays, Bourbon Orleans and the Sheraton are requiring them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice
    we are doing 3 blocks - one at Le Pavillion - our location for the wedding; one at Hilton St. Charles and one at the Renaissance Pere Marquette - great rates for them all

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards