April 2012 Weddings

Tell me your.............

Engagement story!!!! I thought it would be fun to share our engagement stories! Tell all the romantic details of what he did or didnt do that was just so perfect you had to say yes!!!!! I cant wait to hear everyones stories!

Mine-  For me let me start by saying I HATE HATE HATE Valentines Day! With that being said it was Valentines Day and he decided to start the day off he was going to take me to breakfast at my fav local little hole in the wall spot. He told me he was going to change that I hated Valentines Day "one of these days" LOL. Well we sat down and ordered our drinks. He excused himself to the bathroom while I was looking at the menu. I then hear someone in the restaurant say WOW so I naturally looked up to see my honey coming through the front door with balloons, flowers, and chocolates. I assume this is his give me my Vday gift time. Well when he gets to our table he hands me the balloons, flowers, and candy and then reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a card he made with a poem he wrote for me. Sooooo sweet! Then as I get to the last lines of the poem he drops down to one knee pulls out the ring and the very last line in the poem says will you marry me. I thought I was dreaming but luckily I wasnt!!!! It was the most amazing proposal for me since im not a huge frills kinda girl. Lets just say I officially LOVE Vday now!!!!
Photobucket
April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!

Re: Tell me your.............

• My story isn't romantic at all (at least I don't think so). I got the drunken "oh sh!t" did I just ask that" proposal....

After eight grueling months of house searching, battling with banks and lenders and dealing with a shady realtor, FI and I were ready for a vacation. So I surprised FI with a trip to San Jose del Cabo for his birthday at the end of August 2009. We were both very excited to go not just because of all of the home buying drama but also because it was our first time there. As soon as we landed and were within cellphone range, I received a call from our realtor letting us know that we were officially homeowners. Needless to say, as soon as we got to our All-Inclusive resort (meaning…FREE BEER!), we had a reason to celebrate! Later that night and after A LOT of beers, FI, who normally jokes around, said in a serious tone “I know that I don’t have a ring and I know that I didn’t get your dad’s permission but will you marry me?” Of course, I said “Yes”.

We already planned on going shopping, in Downtown San Jose del Cabo, the next day. I think we were the only ones out since it was hotter than hell. We passed by a jewelry store and the jeweler said “I have air conditioning and cold beer…come in”. It was music to our ears. After enjoying a few cold Dos Equis, the jeweler started to show us some jewelry. FI did not intend on buying me a ring that day nor was I pestering him to buy me one. We both fell in love with a gemstone, a Paraiba Tourmaline
    and then I found the perfect setting in white gold… The jeweler made an offer FI couldn’t refuse…it was meant to be. We got it sized for "the finger" but he made me wear it on the other hand at first. But after a few tequila shots at Wabo Cabo and talking with a newly married couple, FI changed his mind and let me wear the ring on the correct finger. It hasnt been taken off since.
  • At the time, we were living with his brother. He called his mom and and her come over. When she got there, FI had his brother and mom come outside then pulled me outside. He told me to close my eyes and he bent down and before I could open my eyes (he didn't tell me to) he blurted out "So Miss Brittany, are you going to marry me or what?" I opened my eyes and he was on one knee, holding the box with my ring. I started bawling before I could even answer he asked "So?" and he was still on his knee. I couldn't speak so I just could nod. The ring wasn't big enough, it only went down to just above my knuckle on the finger. I insisted we take it to the jewler right then.

So we drove up to the mall (he got it from Roger's). But before we could drop it off, I wanted to show a couple of my friends who worked there. So we went to their store to show it off. It's there I found out that he had had the ring for like two weeks, was just waiting for the right time to ask. I was shocked because FI is TERRIBLE at keeping his mouth shut (which means I have nothing to worry about for the Bachelor Party XD).
    TTC #1 since November 2012

My Ovulation Chart

Anniversary
  • First I need to give some background. When we started dating my freshman year in high school, I walked him out to his car after our first date. He asked me "Do you think we could work?" and I guess that's how we became "official". It was always a funny story we told people.

So this January, we were having a family party (basically normal Sunday dinner for us, my family is huge so we always get together) for my sister's 30th birthday. He kept telling me that he wanted to leave right after dinner because he had work early the next morning.. naturally I just ignored him so he would stay as long as possible. When he finally told me he really needed to leave I decided I would walk him out even though it was freezing out! We were hugging next to his car and all of a sudden he whispers "Do you think we could work, forever?" I was about to mention that that would be the perfect thing to say when he proposed... and then he got down on one knee!!! I was so shocked I just kept screaming. Then I noticed my family all watching through the windows and on the front porch. It was perfect because everyone was already there to celebrate with us!
  • First you need a little back story...
    Albert and I first met on July 28, 2007 beside my driver's door.  After casually seeing each other for a month, he decided to make it official and asked me to be his girlfriend on August 28, 2007 beside the driver's side door of my car.  Also, any special event in our lives, whether it be anniversaries, birthdays, promotions, Valentine's Day, etc, we love going to iFratelli's in Las Colinas (a hotspot for the rich and famous, and yes, we get the same thing every time)

So, now that you have the back story...
    On Friday, January 28th, I was at home when I got a message from Albert telling me to get all fancied up for a night out on the town.  Oblivious to everything, I thought it was his way of giving me an excuse to wear an outfit I had bought recently.  I got ready in a brand new dress, bright red heels, and bold jewelry - a definite departure from my norm.  After a delicious dinner at iFratelli's followed by some scrumptious cheesecake, I laughed about how many people - literally more than 3 - commented on how cute bits and pieces of my outfit were.  To me, the night was already awesome! :) After dinner, he asked me if I wanted to go shopping - as if he needed to ask!  We strolled through one of my favorite stores, and he offered to buy a new outfit for me - again, as if he needed to ask!  Content with the awesome night, I was on cloud nine on the way home until he asked me to close my eyes about a mile from home.  He quickly drove home and backed up to the garage where my car was waiting.  With my eyes still closed, I listened as the garage door opened behind me, and Albert got out of the car.  After a couple of seconds, he began playing our song ("Better Together" by Jack Johnson) and asked me to get out of the car.  As I opened my eyes and turned around, my car was covered in tiny white Christmas lights and roses on the roof.  Still oblivious to what was happening, I followed him over to my drivers side door.  He spoke a few moments about our life together and the future then got down on one knee...  and I said yes!
  • Everyone has such romantic stories!! 
    Ours wasn't over the top, but it was perfect for us!  I was overdue with our son and completly miserable so my brother and sister came over to our house to keep me company and make me feel better.  FI came home from work and was totally antsy, I was due to be induced the next day so I figured it was because of the baby.  He and my sister kept whispering to each other, which was driving me crazy so when they finally left I cornered him and asked what was up?  He told me to close my eyes and when I opened them he held the ring up and asked if I would finally be his wife.  It was SO unexpected and a wonderful surprise, after almost 8 years together I thought we were just going to be "that" couple that never gets married.  Little did I know that he had been planning to propose to me before the baby was born for months but had the ring custom made and it took way longer than he expected.  Just by fluke it ended up being ready the day before my scheduled induction.  He kept worrying that I was going to go into labour and he wouldn't have the ring in time.  Luckliy it all worked out and I had the greatest weekend of my life, an amazing proposal and a perfect baby!  I was (and still am) one happy lady! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our's was on our (8-yr) dating anniversary.  He took me to a lake and we had a picnic on a rowboat.  Then on the middle of the lake he asked me to take off my promise ring.  I don't think he actually said anything after that...I knew what he was doing and I just started crying.  In front of me was the prefect ring that I had been dreaming about for years.  I think later that day I got him to actually say the words. 
    Side note-He hates this, but I actually knew what he was up to.  I had made plans to do something fun on our anniversary, and at the last minute he became very adament about changing plans and planning a surprise.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• We didn't really do the proposal thing...he was never one to like the idea of marriage, but on Valentine's day of this year he told me he was finally okay with looking at rings, so we went the next week and ordered one.  When it came in we just picked it up together and have been planning ever since.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• A little background- FI and I have known each other for six years, and we've been off again and on again for all that time (he's Australian, and that's where he lived, which explains the "off-again" bit). We used to talk about when we'd get married as a "what if we lived on the same continent" type of thing. He came to visit in November, and we both just... knew that we finally wanted to do this. 

I know it sounds cheesy, but you have to understand that I'm not a typically romantic person, and he's extremely shy- so when he found out what type of ring I wanted, he went to go buy it. He picked me up at my lunch break. We didn't eat--- I was nervous and so was he, despite the fact that we both knew it was going to happen and that we both knew what I would say. When he finally proposed, he said, "So do you want your ring now or later?" When he opened the box, I nearly cried--- it was absolutely perfect. My ring is a lot like my FI- you almost don't notice it, but once you do you cant take your eyes off it!!! :)  I smiled and said, "Now, of course."

He told me he loved me, put on my ring, and that was that :)

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards