Rhode Island

Xtreme Soundz

Anyone have any experience with Luis from Xtreme Soundz? I've heard only good things and am thinking of booking because he seems great, but I would like to hear if you all have any opinions on him!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Xtreme Soundz

• bean6687bean6687 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NOOO! Don't do it. I am not sure if it was Luis...per se....but they were one of the most unprofessional DJ's I have every met in my life.
  • edited December 2011
    Really? That's pretty harsh. I didn't get that impression from him at all... Did you see them at a wedding or did you just get that impression from meeting them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also considering booking him, could you give more detail on what made you feel this way about him?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Nelcc718Nelcc718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Krines & Sarah, Luis was my DJ for my wedding in July. I cannot say anything negative about him. He did such an amazing job! He was down to earth and very professional! He played all the songs I really wanted. The day of my wedding he arrived extra early to set up, dressed in a tux :), annouced ALL names in my wedding party correctly and clearly (Asian & Portuguese), played a variety of music, and ALWAYS had the dance floor full!!! He made everyone feel comfortable and had a great time!! I would highly recommend him to anyone!!!! He also did my sister-in-laws wedding too!! I can only speak highly of him because all of my experiences with Luis were GREAT!
  • bean6687bean6687 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like I said, I am not sure if his name was Luis....there were two guys. It was a private matter that I would prefer not to dicuss. I did see them at a wedding. I am not saying to not use them if you like them/him...I know know that I was not impressed.
  • janadonlinjanadonlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would have to agree that is a pretty harsh judgement to pass, especailly without providing any reasonable detail as to why you feel so strongly.

My best friend was recently married ( less than 2 weeks ago) on Nov. 12th and she hired Extreme Soundz and I thought he was really great! He had everyone on the dance floor the entire night! He played great music, and was very attentive to what kept people dancing and what did not! And I know the bride (my best friend) was beyond pleased with everything he did for them! I was in the wedding and he was great about making sure to introduce himself to the wedding party and made sure he had the pronunciations of everyone's name in the wedding party correct before introducing them into the reception which I really liked. I cannot tell you how many times I have been in a or been at a wedding and someone in wedding party has their name butchered by the DJ! I would highly recommend him and his services to anyone looking for a great DJ!
    Smile

• janadonlinjanadonlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And just to clarify Louis was the DJ for my best friend's wedding.
  • IrmjIrmj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Always take everything you read online with a grain of salt.  The warning above was pretty harsh without an explanation, however, also notice that both people above defending this service have absolutely no other posts/history.  The internet is a great place for advice, however, in the end you have to do your research and do what's best for you.
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just going to say that I found it very odd and fishy that the two posters who came on to defend this dj had absolutely no posting history prior and there posts sounded similar to one another...sounds like a vendor posting to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I wanted to give my 2 cents about this post and hopefully this will help you out. I got married on October 15th and had Luis from Xtreme Soundz as my DJ and he was PHENOMENAL. I read the above posts and no I don't have much posting history either but I am a real person who really used Luis as their DJ and I definitely can't say enough good things about him. He was very professional, yet very fun. He knew what to play to keep the crowd dancing and had great ideas for us. He helped us pick music to get introduced to and for every other aspect...cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. He had great prices and was very affordable. I received so many compliments regarding him after the wedding. I would recommend him to anyone I know. I knew from the moment we met with him that he was the right DJ for us and would be a great fit. He's very organized and really put my mind at ease regarding the music for our party. 
    Sabrina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards