May 2013 Weddings

So conflicted trying to choose a dress! Please help me decide! PIP

Hi Ladies,

So, here's the deal. I can't make a decision on my dress. I fell in love with 2 different dresses, and they are both TOTALLY different! Please let me know what you think, I would appreciate your opinions!

Dress #1: Vera Wang at David's Bridal
I absolutely love this dress, it has lace which I wanted and just fits me very beautifully. Please picture without the hideous black horsehair sash, I would not add that to the dress. Plain and simple, that's what I like. I didnt' think I would want something this big when I started shopping, so it's hard for me to reconcile that! But, it truly is a gorgeous dress and I really like it.

Dress #2: Allure Bridals at local bridal shop
So this dress is closer to what I had envisioned for myself when i started thinking about my wedding dress. I'm not sold on the modified mermaid/a-line style, what are your thoughts about this cut? The back is absolutely gorgeous, and I like the all-over lace. The sample in the store doesn't fit me, so it would be a leap of faith to pick this one - it doesn't do-up in the back! This style flatters me though (I've tried on other mermaid-type dresses) so it would look good I think.

They're just so different! Both have unembellished lace, which is my favorite. I'm having a hard time making a decision because both are so beautiful. Argh! Help! They're within $100 of each other, so price isn't a factor.

Thank you, ladies!! Constructive criticim is grealy appreciated!
Visit The Knot! Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So conflicted trying to choose a dress! Please help me decide! PIP

• I vote # 1!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So ladies, yesterday I said yes to the dress! I surprised myself and chose dress #2! I tried on both dresses yesterday, and realized that dress #2 is exactly what I had envisioned for myself when I started thinking about what I wanted for a dress. I'm kind of "mourning" the loss of dress #1 right now (because I really did like it!) but felt like #2 is perfect for my vision.

So excited! Thank you all for your input, I really thought it was going to be #1 going into yesterday, but after putting both dresses on, I realized just how much I liked #2. I'll post pictures soon!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards