Idaho

Lurkers! New Engagements! Come here!

I'm sure there's some newbies that just got engaged!  Or some lurkers that have been to shy to join the board!  Let's start the new year right and get some traffic on this board!

Tell us your story!

Wedding date:
FI's Name, Your Name:
Proposal Story:
Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding:
The most frustrating thing so far:

Anything else you want to tell us?

Re: Lurkers! New Engagements! Come here!

• shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll start! (Even though I'm not a lurker!)

Wedding date: April 16th, 2011
    FI's Name, Your Name: My name - Nicole, FI's name - Kelly
    Proposal Story: Umm... we decided to get married... lol We have been together for over 6 years and decided we have waited long enough! I am waiting on him to actually propose, though.  We have a date set, and places booked, so I know it's going to happen!
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: Besides being married to a wonderful guy, probably the pictures and the after party at Pojo's!  (yep - we're going to an arcade - it's been a part of our relationship the whole 6 years!)
    The most frustrating thing so far: The cost of things! We are on a teeny tiny budget, and I can't believe how much people charge for venues and services!

UPDATE On April 12th: He proposed on Valentines Day in the yard of the chapel by BSU's stadium, where we are getting married. It was totally planned that way, since we already had the date set and that chapel booked, but I thought it would be a fun thing to do. =)
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I'll follow :)  I am a New Engagement!!  but also kinda of a lurker. I'm not good at posting because I usually don't take the time to talk back.  I love hearing about things and finding out all the news but responding is always my down fall. Anyway

Wedding date: Sept. 10th 2011
    FI's Name, Your Name: My name: Kassidy, (don't know the lingo so have no idea what FI actually stands for) but Groom's name: Tommy
    Proposal Story: Okay so my boyfriend of 5yrs was acting unusual all afternoon on Christmas eve.  When I  would ask him what was wrong he would just say to me that he felt really bad.  He wouldn't tell me what he felt bad about though.  Anyway we decided to go out and have one cocktail and come home. It was Christmas eve so I didn't really want to be out.  We get our drinks and sit down.  Usually he is totally a social bug and never stops moving.  We sat down and he took my arm in his and just sat there. Which was really wierd.  So I asked him again what was wrong and why he was acting so different.  After a few minutes with no reply he finally looked at me.  Told me again he felt really bad then continued to say "I just don't know what to do but I can't wait anymore. I couldn't find you a ring but I want you to be my wife... Will you be my wife?  Of course I said yes!!!
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: Making it OUR Day
    The most frustrating thing so far: Don't know yet
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! Getting hitched June 25, 2011. Most of my planning is done.  This might be lame, but I don't post my name on these.  Paranoia, yeah. 

Watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and you pretty much see my engagement!!  lol

Looking forward to an amazing party and being married to the only person I have ever fallen in love with.  What an overwhelming feeling, huh?

Most frustrating? Not a lot.  Right now it's the price of those lovely dead flowers I'm gonna carry.  Hard for me to justify $100 for them, though I know that's nowhere near pricey.  Also...seriously, I still have to wait 163 days?  argh!  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding date: 6/2/12

FI's Name, Your Name: FI's name is Paul , My name is Jennifer .
    Proposal Story: We were discussing getting married when we got a positive pg test. Now we're waiting until after baby comes to have our wedding.
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: Having all our family together.
    The most frustrating thing so far: drama

Anything else you want to tell us? 4 more months till little girl makes her arrival!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! Super excited to find other Idaho brides.

Wedding date: June 25, 2011

FI's Name, Your Name: Matthew and Kendra

Proposal Story: We have been together for 8 years so it just kind of happened. Nothing very special. Just decided that we might as well get all the marriage benefits like financial aid for school.

Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: The reception! It should be a blast with an actual big band and swing dancing.

The most frustrating thing so far: My future mother in law. She is not happy with anything except that we will be married (no longer living in sin) and able to have babies.
  • miriamhawsmiriamhaws member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date:4-22-11
    FI's Name, Thayne
    Your Name:Miriam
    Proposal Story: We went out to dinner, and then to a local ice cream parlor immediately afterwards. We normally end our date there so I was a little confused. I got more confused when I went to sit down and he wouldnt let me. That is, until I realized he was on one knee, and holding a ring.
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: My dress...love it.
    The most frustrating thing so far: Can't decide if its planning a wedding with my fiancee overseas and unavailable to contact most of the time, or my parents trying to tell me how/where to plan my wedding when they aren't spending a single penny on it.

Anything else you want to tell us? This is a second wedding for both my FI and I. Between the two of us there will be 5 kids in our family. Yikes!
  • edited December 2011

Wedding date: Not soon enough :) July 21st, 2012.
    FI's Name, Your Name: Jeffry and Colleen
    Proposal Story:I was putting up a lamp in my apartment and I told him we were going out to dinner with a friend of mine and I thought he was mad about me making plans without asking him...and he was...cause he was planning to propose...long story short: he propoed in my living room next to a lamp. We call it our love lamp.
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: The first dance. I don't know why, but I get all mushy whenever I hear a love song.
    The most frustrating thing so far: Money. There's not enough of it. If I had a nickle for every time I said "screw this, we're eloping", I would have enough money to pay for this whole thing.
    Anything else you want to tell us? I'm not that interesting, but I am pretty crafty and thifty and have a lot of tricks up my sleeve when it comes to saving money, so if you need help, I'd love to let you in on a few secrets :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!
    My name is Nicole and my fiance's name is Mike.
    Our story:  Mike and I meant 6 years ago while on a camping trip with mutual friends.  Fast forward six years to this April Fool's Day.  After going out for a few drinks with friends we returned home when I started making him something to eat.  The next thing I know I hear him muttering to himself and when I turn around he is down on one knee.  I thought he was playing an April's Fool's joke on me so I refused to answer him.  After much convincing I believed him and he called a few mutual friends who also thought we were joking.  The next morning we decided to let everyone think we were joking and went out and purchased my ring.  We let the news pass from there and here we are today...and I have NO clue where to start :)  Any info and tips would be appreciated...we live in northern Idaho in the Coeur d' Alene area...so please...HELP :)
    P.S I realize it says I have been a member since 08...I joined due to working in a wedding studio and wanted in the loop of what brides go through...now its legit!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm newley engaged Wedding date: not set yet
    Groom: Andy Bride: Tobie
    Proposal Story:lol not really a story we just were having a conversation and decided it was time after 6 years together
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: everything
    The most frustrating thing so far: so much confusing stuff to filter through
    I really have no Idea where to start and being in a smallish town in North Idaho doesn't help I am probably going to have to go to Spokane to find most of my stuff or order it online 
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding date: (Still pending.. May/April 2012)

FI's Name, Your Name: Will, Sarah

Proposal Story: My fiance surprised me after work on Thursday with two tickets to Las Vegas for a weekend getaway. He had planned everything from saving a big wad of cash for us to spend, getting a limo to pick us up, and reserving dinner at the hottest nightclub! I was already on cloud 9, when he took me to the fountains in front of the Bellagio, where he proposed in sync with them going off. :) Unforgettable!

Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: Probably the reception. I'm excited to see how everyone enjoys all my hard planning (it's like planning a party!)

The most frustrating thing so far: Definitely budgeting. It's frustrating only because money goes so fast and it's hard to pick which things are the most important. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've been waiting a long time to join this site!

Wedding date: Early March 2012
    FI's Name, Your Name: Joshua, Valerie

Proposal Story: My favorite actor is John Cusack and one of my all time favorite movies he's in is Say Anything.
    I love the scene where he stands outside the girl's window and holds up the boombox playing "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. In that scene he's trying to win the girl back because he's madly in love with her. I even have a poster of that scene! Earlier that week we had finally watched the entire movie together. He had mentioned not being sure how he wanted to propose and that must have been his inspiration. We were going to visit my parents for the weekend so after work on Friday (4/15) I went to pick him up at work and he was playing really loud music in his office and it was "In Your Eyes" but he wasn't at his desk. When I turned the corner, there he was holding up an old school boombox. I gave him a big hug (I did not put two and two together!) and he asked me how much he loved me, I said I loved him so much I could hug him forever and then he said do you love me enough to marry me? I started crying and of course said yes!

Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: Being able to see his face when I walk down aisle knowing that from that moment on it's really forever.
    The most frustrating thing so far: Money and dieting

Anything else you want to tell us?
    Right now we both live in Seattle, but I grew up in Idaho so the wedding will happen there. It's going to be interesting planning from 6 hours away!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone,

Wedding date: 23rd June 2012

FI's Name, Your Name:  Rich & Rose

Proposal Story: Rich proposed on Valentine's day during dinner by a lake. There is so much more to this story but not enough time to go into the details on here. Was just so super romantic I still don't quite believe it.

Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: Saying I do and hearing him say I do too...we will have made a lifetime commitment at long last.

The most frustrating thing so far: will perhaps have more to say on this later, too soon to tell.

I hope to learn lots from all of you during this journey and wish you well on your plans as well :-)

• edited December 2011

I was just engaged, but now I just can't wait to go to buy my wedding gown.

• edited December 2011

I'm still not engaged, but I expect to wear wedding dress at that moment.

• dnilsen07dnilsen07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date: September 14, 2013
    FI's Name, Your Name: Austin and Danielle
    Proposal Story: We were camping in Grand Teton Nation Park.  He was alreday in the tent and asked me to check and make sure that we had put everything in the bear box.  I walked past the tent and he turned on a flashlight and said "Danielle, my love, come look at our chandeleer."  I thought he had hung a flashlight from the top of the tent to read, so I said "Oh, that's nice." and kept walking.  As I close the bear box and get the dog, I hear from the tent " The story of my life, 'failtastic' " So I go into the tent and ask "What?" and he's on one knee and turns on the flash light again.  He said "Danielle look at the candeleer." I look up and hanging from the loop at the top of the tent is my ring.
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: Having the wedding back in PA
    The most frustrating thing so far: Trying to  plan the wedding from 2,000 miles away.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi All! I'm new here but I'm so hoping I can glean something from your experiences because I think I'm in waaay over my head!

Wedding date: 8/25/12
    FI's Name, Your Name: My name is Stephanie and my Fiance's name is John
    Proposal Story: We have been engaged FOREVER! Since December 2005 but we are finally getting into wedding planning mode. We just had life stuff get in the way and I really wanted a wedding more than just going to the court house! He proposed to me in a basement at 4 am while I was in my pajamas but that's us! We're pretty laid back, simple people. Now we have a house, two furry babies and we are ready to make it official!
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: MY day, just the way I want it. Oh, and John's day too.
    The most frustrating thing so far: I have barely started planning and I already feel I'm in WAY over my head. I have never really planned a big event like this before. We have a limited budget (we are doing everything ourselves) and things are sooo expensive. I want to scout out a good deal. 
  • edited December 2011
    How do you do
    I have a good mood
    I am a bride
    I love my husband
    My wedding dress is very beautiful
    I'm satisfied with my wedding gown
    They give me a lot of surprise
    I can't believe
    Too perfect wedding
    I'm very happy
    http://www.manndybridal.com/
  • edited December 2011

Wedding date: undecided
    FI's Name, Your Name:LaTasha, his name: Don
    Proposal Story: we dont rllly have a proposal story, our relatinship is complicated haha. he's in iraq, an we decided we've been together amost 2 years, an decided we're gunna plan a wedding lol.
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: marrying the man i love. showing everyone he's the one i want, and spending one day that is just OURS, a day we can be selfish..
    The most frustrating thing so far:  getting Don to agree to things the way i want... lol. i want it to be very different from anyone elses wedding. i want black an pink colors, which i think he's ok with.. but i want a gowen made in black w hot pink ribbin. its so perfect an cute an different. an i have tattoos up my arm, on my shoulder, an sides... it'd be weird to wear white, esp since i have a 3 year old, an this is my 2nd marriage... lol. but he's not goin for that one. haha. 
  • Wedding date: TBD
    FI's Name,Ben
    Your Name: Andrea

Proposal Story: He proposed to me at the airport right before i flew home to idaho for xmas! I wasn't expecting it at all and then had to be quite and turn off my phone on the plane for the rest of the day! 

Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: I can't decide!

The most frustrating thing so far: Picking a date he is really busy at work during the school year and my work is slammed in the summer months so i can't imagine how we are going to find time!
  • Wedding date: June 19, 2013
    FI's Name, Your Name: David and Kendra
    Proposal Story: We've been talking about getting married for a few months now. We just hadn't found the ring yet. Finally, I had found the ring, but we didn't get it. Two days later after I got out of class we went to get the ring. To my dismay it was gone. I was so upset I cried that night for probably two or more hours. A week later we were talking in bed, and he proposed with the ring! Of course I said yes, so now it's time to officially start planning.
    Thing you're most looking forward to about your wedding: I have no idea
    The most frustrating thing so far: Some people aren't too supportive, which I wish they were because I'm happy.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards