Connecticut
Options

Tuxes: JT Ghamo, Modern Formals, etc.

I can't find any of the posts on tuxes.  We are trying to not go to Gentlemen's Warehouse and I remember JT Ghamo and Modern Formals being recommended.  Can you provide feedback on those two and also recommend any others?

Thanks girls!

Re: Tuxes: JT Ghamo, Modern Formals, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oooo this is on my to-do list... do tell ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're in north central CT I recommend College Formals in West Springfield, they were great to work with & very budget friendly.
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard somet great things about JT Ghamo which is why I have put down a deposit for them.  The lady at the Avon CT location is very nice and helpful :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Modern Formals. Their prices were the best. So far, my FI has only picked out his tux and the GM tuxes so I can't really comment much more than their prices were great and they were really helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have heard great things about Modern Formals!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Formals by Antonio?  Any feedback on them?

Location wise I'm right between Formals by Antonio and JT Ghamo...so ideally I'd like to use one of them for convenience reasons.  But I don't mind going to Modern in Southington if that's the overall best choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used JT Ghamo in West Hartford and LOVED them.  They gave us a great deal and had gorgeous options.  There were no problems with our order and they are a smaller company so very personal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Modern Formals! We used the one in Southington, but they have other locations. Great service, everything came out right with no issues, and you can't beat the price!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is Modern really that much cheaper?  What are we talking here if you don't mind me asking?

Does Modern give the groom a free tux? 

We are going to have to rent 10 tuxes. 1 groom, 2 fathers and 7 groomsmen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tuxes-jt-ghamo-modern-formals-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:53b2de58-4893-45c2-b9f1-ef2dbba645f0Post:40597add-8a70-4b72-8ed8-1ece7fb50f07">Re: Tuxes: JT Ghamo, Modern Formals, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is Modern really that much cheaper?  What are we talking here if you don't mind me asking? Does Modern give the groom a free tux?  We are going to have to rent 10 tuxes. 1 groom, 2 fathers and 7 groomsmen.
    Posted by megbrooks2011[/QUOTE]

I want to say it was $115 - $120 but I dont remember exactly. All I know is it was cheaper than Mens Warehouse who can never get anything right.

The groom had an option to get a free tux, or pay for his tux and get a free suit. That was with 5 groomsman rentals, 2 dads, and 1 ring bearer.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tuxes-jt-ghamo-modern-formals-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:53b2de58-4893-45c2-b9f1-ef2dbba645f0Post:c32b3a08-e056-410e-86fb-3a9345ee38e9">Re: Tuxes: JT Ghamo, Modern Formals, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuxes: JT Ghamo, Modern Formals, etc. : I want to say it was $115 - $120 but I dont remember exactly. All I know is it was cheaper than Mens Warehouse who can never get anything right. The groom had an option to get a free tux, or pay for his tux and get a free suit. That was with 5 groomsman rentals, 2 dads, and 1 ring bearer.
    Posted by crushme8602[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
  • Options
    JodiArielJodiAriel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Camillos in Orange.  In fact we went there tonight and were in and out in under a half hour... super easy to work with.  The tuxes were $140 including everything, grooms tux is free and the RB tux is $95. 
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Modern Formals for us is $119, and the normal price for the one my FI picked is $149 without shoes. She gave us the price at $119 WITH the shoes. And the groom does get a free rental.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards