Pennsylvania-Central

Thoughts on Florists?

I'd like to mine all of your collective knowledge to get thoughts on what to do about a florist. 

I met with Stacia and Petals with Style and she was great! Her prices seemed good and she was able to take my vague ideas and put together really good suggestions.  My mom and I really liked her and I'd be happy to hire her, but I feel like I can't hire the first person I meet with!  I have appointments to meet with 2 other florists next week- Rebecca's Garden Room in Ephrata and Wildflowers by Design in Manheim. 

Do any of you have thoughts on whether either of these florists are likely to be much less expensive than Stacia? Or am I likely to get a similar quote and would be safe to go with Stacia based on our great meeting? I live in MD so am not looking forward to driving up again next week if I can avoid it! THANKS!!! :)

Re: Thoughts on Florists?

• edited December 2011

I would highly recommend that you look at Floral Designs of Mount Joy. They are AWESOME.  She was really easy to work with, and was able to give us a look that fit into our budget.  She really knocked it out of the park for us, She went ABOVE and beyond what I wanted and I was so ecstatic about what we got the day of our wedding. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have a meeting with Lori from Wildflowers by Design as well... that's not until next week though
  • sulsa78sulsa78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KeithandKristi,
    You have a pic of a centerpiece and it looks like its located at the Marriott Ballroom in Lancaster! Am I correct? The reason why I'm asking is because we are having our rection there too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_thoughts-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:b7da1f39-94ff-4777-8ae4-57dbbdfa29a0Post:eaee3e0f-18c9-403b-a9df-e85759b522c7">Re: Thoughts on Florists?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KeithandKristi, You have a pic of a centerpiece and it looks like its located at the Marriott Ballroom in Lancaster! Am I correct? The reason why I'm asking is because we are having our rection there too!
    Posted by sulsa78[/QUOTE]

It was at the Marriott In Lancaster!  :)  It was soooo beautiful there!!  Who is your coordinator?  When is your wedding? 
  • sulsa78sulsa78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keithandkristi,
    Our wedding is April 16th 2011...and its Lori Hemphill! How was the food? We didn't do any tastings yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had Sarah Heath.  We booked in January of '09 (before they opened) and she was the original coordinator.  We were really really happy at first.  But she got moved to doing conventions.  Which is fine, but she was crappy at returning email etc. Our vases were lost and they had to pay our florist, I blame that on Sarah more than I do the Marriott.  I have heard nothing but wonderful things about your coordinator. I wish they would have just given our wedding to her.   Overall we had a great experience.  They are a class act place.  Truly!  You will get beautiful pics, excellent service, and your guests will rave.  The food is awesome!  The tasting is soooo fun!  We did potato and leek soup, strawberry and spinach salad. Risotto, the sirloin and carrots.  soooooooo good! I definitely recommend the risotto!  The bridal suite you get for cocktail hour is sooooo nice!  The room you get is sooo nice too.  It had a cute treat in it for us...it was just perfect.  Our wedding was 04/24/10...you should have lovely weather for pics that time of year!  Who are you using for pictures?
  • sulsa78sulsa78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keithandkristi,
    We are using Jeremy Hess! And by the way, my bridesmaids dress clolr is eggplant...kinda looks like the same color you had! lol.

Guess we have good taste:) Now you have me even more excited about our wedding! Did you know that Melissa Watro quit? She left last week, so hopefully the new girl will be just as helpful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That is so cool that you are using that color!  I thought it was elegant yet fun.  ;-) Where are you getting your dresses?  We got ours from Alfred Angelo.  I would recommend going in about 3 months maybe more to order their dresses if you are using them.  David's bridal in my experience (being in weddings and using them) have a quicker turn around.  Anyways...I am so happy you're excited!!  Make sure to get pics in Central Market. If you want I can send you some of our central market pics.  One is in my signature of course!  :)  What other colors are you using?

Jeremy Hess is a great photographer!  We looked at them briefly before we picked ours. Not sure why I didn't research them more, but I looooved their pics online! 

That stinks that you have a new person...I was thinking Lori was Melissa (the coordinator that took over after Sarah, the original coordinator).  I heard good things about Melissa...however I am sure Lori will do great!  :)  I know working there is stressful.  Everytime I talked to Sarah after they opened she was very stressed.  h

Who are you using for flowers? I forget what you posted!  :)  Flowers was the hardest thing for me to envision...but was my favorite detail! 
  • caracbearacaracbeara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Stacia and she's the best we could've asked for!!! People raved about our flowers!! I cannot say enough positive things about her. 
  • TrishPATrishPA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you will like Rebecca's, She is really nice and great to work with and if you have a budget in mind, I am sure she will make some wonderful suggestions. 
  • caracbearacaracbeara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    STACIA STACIA STACIA STACIA!!

She was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

(see pics below!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards