Rhode Island

Deposit/Contract Question

HI!  My fiance and I have been to several paces to look at potential wedding venues, but one has stuck out from the begining.  We are heading back there this weekend, to just confirm details and information.  If all goes as planned, I think we will have decided on the wedding location. However, how can I hold a date without signing a contract? The tasting is in a few weeks and I dont know if I am prepared to sign a contract before that.  Can you leave a deposit?  How does this work???

Re: Deposit/Contract Question

• KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Every venue is different but most said they would pencil me in for our date for a certain period of time - three days, a week, whatever their policy was - without a downpayment and contract.

I just had to ask each one how long they were willing to hold the date for and if they would contact me if/when someone else was wanting to book that date. All of them accommodated us.

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You were interested in the Regatta, right?  I was in the same position a year ago and I ended up signing my contract the day of the Prelude last February.  I will be there this year too because I was in such a daze from actually booking my venue.  If I remember correctly I don't think they can hold a date for very long without a signed contract and deposit.  That same weekend there is the bridal show so be prepared for dates to book up after that weekend. 
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we are interested in the Regatta Place. The date we have selected has some meaning to us, so ideally that is the date we would like to get married on, but I wouldnt say that it's a deal breaker.  Also, when we arranged our appointment it was still available.  I guess when we go this weekend we can get a gage what, if anything they would do in regards to holding the date. We really feel like this is the place and I guess I would sign a contract if I needed to.... just a little scarey!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Completely understandable!  I felt the same way but I knew I wasn't going to find anything I loved more than the Regatta. 
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And I totally agree.  The Regatta Place was the second venue we looked at and I have compared everything since then to it!  I remeber leaving the visit and just being like OMG i feel like this is the place.  The only thing that has come close was a location on Cape Cod, but unfortuneately was just a tiny bit out of our price range. Where the Regatta Place from everything we ahve seen so far, actually seems reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards