April 2012 Weddings

HOLY SH**T

I have 17 days left.

What the hell?
Where did the time go?

As an update, some of the issues i posted about have been taken care of.

My brother is coming around and will definitely be at the wedding. He just needed some space from our parents. The money woes are almost totally gone :) We got a surprise gift from my dad that was VERY generous and will help more than anyone could imagine.

The cake/MOH/bff situation is better... But nothing is really solved.

Now we're starting to have issues with the timeline, liquor, cost, and with FH NOW seeming to care about all these things. Last night he insisted i got over the entire budget with him and started arguing with me about the timeline. I`ve already done the time line 3 times and i'm going to have to do it again. Why does he care NOW? All he should worry about is getting dressed and showing up. Period. I told him at the beginning of planning to please tell me if he cared about something so i could include him. He said nothing. Now when everything is almost done and worked out, he wants to chime in and argue with me... WTF?

Re: HOLY SH**T

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_holy-sht?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:3b69cf99-bec7-44a1-b8e6-78f4f47708b3Post:521748f6-77fe-490f-9344-6777a97a265e">HOLY SH**T</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 17 days left. What the hell? Where did the time go? As an update, some of the issues i posted about have been taken care of. My brother is coming around and will definitely be at the wedding. He just needed some space from our parents. The money woes are almost totally gone :) We got a surprise gift from my dad that was VERY generous and will help more than anyone could imagine. The cake/MOH/bff situation is better... But nothing is really solved. Now we're starting to have issues with the timeline, liquor, cost, and with FH NOW seeming to care about all these things. <strong>Last night he insisted i got over the entire budget with him and started arguing with me about the timeline. </strong>I`ve already done the time line 3 times and i'm going to have to do it again. Why does he care NOW? All he should worry about is getting dressed and showing up. Period. I told him at the beginning of planning to please tell me if he cared about something so i could include him. He said nothing. Now when everything is almost done and worked out, he wants to chime in and argue with me... WTF?
    Posted by rtzrill[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I feel ya on that one. My FI has been quite involved and gone with me to all the vendor meetings and craft stores. Now that we're in the home stretch, I'm doing most of the work. I also went through my timeline about 3 times. When talking to him about it, he flipped his lid regardig when the aisle runner should be rolled out. Really? REALLY!?! He wants it out the whole time & I say no b/c people will step on it & my grandfather will have a hard time walking on it. <div>
    </div><div>I told him he can't try to make changes at the last minute after I've spent so much time agonizing over these details. Men just don't get it. </div>
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_holy-sht?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:3b69cf99-bec7-44a1-b8e6-78f4f47708b3Post:55cba485-b04a-480f-b786-4933f62630cd">Re: HOLY SH**T</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to HOLY SH**T : Oh, I feel ya on that one. My FI has been quite involved and gone with me to all the vendor meetings and craft stores. Now that we're in the home stretch, I'm doing most of the work. I also went through my timeline about 3 times. When talking to him about it, he flipped his lid regardig when the aisle runner should be rolled out. Really? REALLY!?! He wants it out the whole time & I say no b/c people will step on it & my grandfather will have a hard time walking on it.  I told him he can't try to make changes at the last minute after I've spent so much time agonizing over these details. <strong>Men just don't get it. </strong>
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div>SO true!</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Me too!!  I'm sure I'm going to be spazzinng out on Saturday when it's two weeks exactly, good thing I'll have my bach party to distract a little. :)

I'm glad some things are starting to come together finally, I'm still waiting for that point.  I'm kind of in your same boat except with my FMIL now that we're down to the wire she's suddenly has all these opinions and wants to be more involved... hello where were you 8 months ago?!  Anyways it'll all be over soon... can't wait for the honeymoon!!

--April 2012--
    April Siggy Challenge: How I take a Break from Wedding Stress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_holy-sht?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:3b69cf99-bec7-44a1-b8e6-78f4f47708b3Post:f5944348-5568-4a1b-a4c5-20335cbebd84">Re: HOLY SH**T</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me too!!  I'm sure I'm going to be spazzinng out on Saturday when it's two weeks exactly, good thing I'll have my bach party to distract a little. :) I'm glad some things are starting to come together finally, I'm still waiting for that point.  I'm kind of in your same boat except with <strong>my FMIL now that we're down to the wire she's suddenly has all these opinions and wants to be more involved</strong>... hello where were you 8 months ago?!  Anyways it'll all be over soon... can't wait for the honeymoon!!
    Posted by casserole27[/QUOTE]
    Oh boy, that scares me. My FMIL arrives next week & I'll be meeting her for the first time. I'm secretly scared that she will have some opinions that I won't agree with also. We are NOT changing things this late in the game. The only thing saving me is she doesn't speak English and has NO CLUE about American traditions, so I'm hoping I can just use the 'oh, but that's what we do here' line...
  • It's always so good to know we're not alone in all this crazyness...

His fervor has seemed to die down today, so hopefully i won't have to fight with him anymore.

I'm actualy planning a surprise dinner for him with our friends the night he gets into Vancouver (he's coming a week after me). And i also want us to have a date at the place we had our first date. I don't want to be fighting the whole time!
  • <div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;color:#000000;line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">It's amazing how incredibly stressful the last month has been compared to the rest of our engagement.  The pressure is really getting to everyone I can't wait for life to go back to normal!  I've had my fair share of meltdowns lately the wedding issues are bad enough but we have the added stress of getting our apartment finished in time.  All I can say is I'm very lucky that my FI is so understanding and patient with me, even when I don't deserve it.  He is what's going to make all these months of insanity worth it!</span></div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_holy-sht?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:3b69cf99-bec7-44a1-b8e6-78f4f47708b3Post:788d518f-2d1d-4949-be25-5d5534d8afa2">Re: HOLY SH**T</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLY SH**T : Oh boy, that scares me. My FMIL arrives next week & I'll be meeting her for the first time. I'm secretly scared that she will have some opinions that I won't agree with also. We are NOT changing things this late in the game. The only thing saving me is she doesn't speak English and has NO CLUE about American traditions, so I'm hoping I can just use the 'oh, but that's what we do here' line...
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;"><div><div><div><div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><font style="font-size:1em;" class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;" class="Apple-style-span"><strong><span style="font-weight:normal;" class="Apple-style-span"><div><span style="color:#1f1f1f;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><font style="font-size:1em;" class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;" class="Apple-style-span"><strong>rlavach</strong><strong>: </strong>I'm sure everything will be ok.  Just make sure that you and your FI are 100% on the same page about what you two want and how to deal with potential problems.  That way hopefully if something happens you FI doesn't get stuck being the go between.</span></font></span><div></div></span></div><div><span style="color:#1f1f1f;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><font style="font-size:1em;" class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></span></span></div></span></strong></span></font></span></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

--April 2012--
    April Siggy Challenge: How I take a Break from Wedding Stress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MY FH did the same thing to me. I told him "I've been the only doing anything for 1 year, so you just stay out of it". I could say that because he told me he had no interest in anything, then when I'm most stressed he decides to care. I don't think so!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards