Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Change of plans!!

Serious opinions!!! We are wanting to have our wedding on a cruise! Are we out of our minds?! Do you think family and friends will be excited? We are planning this for next year. What do y'all think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Change of plans!!

• Options
    I think destination weddings are cool, and if a close family member were having one, we would try to go.  That being said, a lot of people might not be able to afford it, so you have to consider that.  The girls on the DW board are awesome and helpful, check it out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't like the idea of a cruise wedding unless I was taking a separate honeymoon afterwards. After the weddingon board, the rest of the trip is technically your 'honeymoon' and then you will be running into family and friends. I LOVE my family but I would not have wanted them there on my honeymoon.
    Regular destination weddings are a little different because everyone else can depart shortly after the wedding, leaving you and your new husband behind to relax.
  • Options
    I think this is a good idea if you want only your closest family and friends there because they are the ones who will place the highest prioirity on being there.  I think it will be hard for others to swing it because there is a lot less flexibility on arrival and departure times.  If you go with this option, I would think a 3 or 4 day cruise would be perfect because you could get married the last night and then jet off to your honeymoon after docking.  I would also suggest finding out whether your must-have attendees would be up for it.  I only just found out that my step-mother will not under any circumstances go on a cruise :-/   
  • Options

With what is going on with that Carnival cruise ship right now, no way.  And to me a wedding should be an intimate gathering with just your closest family and friends.  But hey, if it's what you want, go for it.

• Options
    So far it is a very positive response! I've always wanted to do this but was afraid FI would say no. But he loves it! It would only be our families and very close friends. I will post in the DW boards but I do think the girls on this board are amazing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with most of the PPs. As long as you don't mind it being a small group then I think it's fine, but you'll definitely want to ask your VIPs first (and it may be difficult to coordinate with everyone's schedules).

What about your previously booked vendors though? Will you be losing any money by cancelling those contracts, or since it's still pretty far out will you be ok?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't know a whole lot about cruises, but it seems like a cruise ship would be an awfully crowded place for a wedding.

And then yeah, the whole honeymoon thing...
    Anniversary

• Options

A destination wedding seems great, but I'd think twice about having it aboard a cruise ship! Think of how little space you and your husband will have as newlyweds once you do marry.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_change-of-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:25d2e987-ecc3-46c8-a0df-26a70fe2653fPost:c6be362b-744f-41d7-bffb-f8612c663c5c">Re: Change of plans!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know a whole lot about cruises, but it seems like a cruise ship would be an awfully crowded place for a wedding. And then yeah, the whole honeymoon thing...
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Something else you could consider is doing the cruise, but actually getting married at one of the port destinations (e.g. a beach in Cozumel). Maybe you were already planning on doing that, but I think it would make for a much nicer setting!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First, what's going on with Carnival?? And I know, I've thought about the HM aspect. We are considering a suite, which I know most of our families will get staterooms. I've always wanted to do this but didn't think FI would go for it. As soon as I told him, he was all in! This feels like a perfect fit for us because of the financial side.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_change-of-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:25d2e987-ecc3-46c8-a0df-26a70fe2653fPost:ef62e01a-0b63-4c9c-9520-b6ffa250f9b8">Re: Change of plans!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/13/mexico-carnival-idUSL1N0BD0EY20130213" rel="nofollow">http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/13/mexico-carnival-idUSL1N0BD0EY20130213</a>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, I've been watching this story over the last few days.  Similar to what happened in 2010 as well.  There is no way you'd ever get me on a cruise ship.  I may love you to death and you may be a close friend or family member, but I'll send ya a gift!  lol 

</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ha!!! You may be right! Also, thanks so much for the DW board suggestion. The ladies are fantastic over there!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards