Texas-Houston
Options

Ipod Wedding

Did anyone do this? How did it turn out? I am leaning towards making my own playlist and having a friend "dj" vs hiring a DJ. What are y'alls thoughts?

Re: Ipod Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

Personally I would be too worried about the music to enjoy the party. But that's just me. I rather pay someone to do it and know that its taken care of it. Also, my DJ is the MC for the night so I know that's also taken care of.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think the DJ is worth it. it's really not that much money in the long run of things...to make sure your night goes smoothly. they can feel what the audience likes and what keeps them going and can change the music accordingly. he'll also be your MC, and that can be really fun
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    edited December 2011

i agree totally, you could always do away with programs or menus or go real simple with decor like candles, the music is something i remember about the wedding. 

Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I agree with PP. The music can make it or break it. That is one thing I always remember about a wedding is the music. I would hire a DJ so you won't have to worry about it.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have only been to two weddings, but I hated the DJ at both of them. We were debating hiring a DJ for this reason- at one wedding the DJ was very annoying, trying to be funny but wasn't, at the other one he was in a back corner not really involved in the wedding at all. There has to be something in the middle! I have also heard many stories about DJs being told which music to play and never playing it, not having the right song for key dances or being unprofessional. And I don't think the cost is insignificant, it's $700+!
    On the other hand, I've been told that ipod weddings normally end early because the guests aren't entertained, and you still need to rent and set up sound equipment. I will probably hire a DJ, but I hope my 2 cents helps you make your decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards