Texas-San Antonio

Honeymoon ideas

We're going on our honeymoon in San Antonio and Austin, and were looking for reccomendations for things to do and good places to eat, any good bbq places would be greatly appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon ideas

• jnnovakjnnovak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    San Antonio places to eat:
    Rudy's (BBQ)
    Boudro's (on the Riverwalk)
    La Fonda
    Brasserie Pavil
    The Cove

Austin:
    Eddi V's
    Clay Pit
    Salt Lick (BBQ)

When are you coming?  That way I can list things to do...  I'll also think of other food places - those were just off the top of my head.  Definitely do the Riverwalk.  Barton Springs is nice in Austin.  If you're coming in warmer weather, there are a lot of great towns between the two cities to check out - and tubing the Guadelupe is a great option.
  • kenzie.lee.85kenzie.lee.85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! We'll be in Austin Aug 9th and the 15th in San Antonio :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amc1217amc1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For great Mexican food and margaritas, I recommend El Mirasol in San Antonio.  The margaritas are strong and worth it!  Howl at the Moon is a great touristy dueling piano bar on the Riverwalk, definitely fun for a night out.  Or if you want something a little lower key (and cheaper--no cover charge), Martini's behind North Star Mall is very fun and smoke-free now.  It's a small loungey kind of bar and the owner sings all kinds of old songs, it's retro and fun.  If you want a really nice dinner, The Lodge is fabulous.  It offers fine dining in a beautiful old house, it's kind of intimate and interesting.  If you like wine, drive 45 mins or so out toward Fredericksburg and hit some wineries, that's a fun day.  We love Grape Creek, Becker and Torre di Pietra alot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards