Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Dress

Should I be concerned that the wedding dress I ordered at Alfred Angelo 2 weeks ago is already ready to be picked up at the store??

I know that bridal shops hurry you up in the ordering process because they want to make the sale and ensure you have the dress early, but my estimated delivery was June, and it arrived in TWO WEEKS (ordered Feb 23rd). 

I'm planning on going over the dress with a fine tooth comb when I go for my appointment later this month....

Has anyone else had an experience like this??
photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg

Re: Dress

• Options
    No, Alfred Angelo is a chain. They also do not have dresses that are from other outside designers. They probably had your size in stock without having to make it. It usually takes longer to order from small boutiques because they have to place an order with an outside designer. The designer then makes that dress from scratch. One of the Alfred Angelo stores or warehouses probably already had that dress and size made so it probably just had to be shipped.
    You shouldn't have a problem. Yes just check the dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I think my biggest issue is that Alfred Angelo has this gimmick (similar to Dominos) where there's a wedding dress tracker online that allows you to "follow" your dress through the process.

On March 2nd I received an email from AA saying my dress was ready to go into production and gave me the link to access the tracker. When I go to that website today it says my dress is being sewn and is still scheduled for June delivery.

The difference between AA and Dominos is, Dominos updates their tracker ... AA apparently doesn't...and if it's a dress that was in stock, why go through the motion of telling me the dress is just going into production... That, and the fact I didn't want to have to worry about my dress for another three months, is what's annoying me!

I need to suck it up and be happy I have my dress super early!
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Options
    I purchased my dress at an Alfred Angelo in Florida and it was super speedy as well.  I believe it was in store within 3 weeks.  It was lovely and I just shoved it in the back of my closet until it was time to start worrying about alterations!  Enjoy it!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered my 2/12 and just got mine this weekend. I am planning on keeping it at my parents until it's time do get alterations and all of that stuff :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I actually worked at Alfred Angelo in 2008.  Nothing is wrong with your dress.  If they have your dress already made, then they will send it immediately.  If they don't already have it made, then it could take between 8 - 14 weeks, depending on which collection it is from.  The Piccone collection takes the longest to order.

Hope this helps!
  • Options

What you said does happen at some online stores. But luckily I didn’t meet such a situation. I order a wedding dress from Inweddingdress in December and they delivery the dress as my requirement —— in February. The customer service should be responsible for this, I think, so fully communication before order is necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards