Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 8/20

Did you have any say in your FI's side of the bridal party?  Did he have any say in choosing yours?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 8/20

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

DH's side was his 3 brothers.  I think it was one of those things where he was like "My brothers are the GM, right?"  and I responded "I assumed so."  As for my side, I thought about just asking only my 2 sisters or asking my 2 sisters and my best friend.  He helped me weigh the pros and cons and gave his input.  It was ultimately my decision though. (I ended up asking my friend.)

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    i wanted one of my guy bff's to be on his side and FI said no... bc he doesnt really know him that well. 
    He didnt really care other than that.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked our honor attendants ourselves.  My bestfriend and his bestfriend.  My brother will be his other groomsman.  And his sister will be my other bridesmaid.

So we picked 1 ourselves, and 1 on the other's list. (small bridal party...)
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The only person in our wedding party that was kind of a not pick thing was FI's sister as one of my BM. The moment we got engaged (3 years ago) she bugged and bugged till I finally just said yes. I also think FMIL wouldn't have been happy if I didn't add her. I asked my sisters if they wanted in and they told me "please don't add me."

FMIL boyfriend thought that his son needed to be in the wedding. I didn't tell FI this till after he had asked him (though if you ask him, he remembers story first then asking), but boyfriend told me how it's SO important to have family in the wedding cuz they're always there for you and said GM is like a brother to FI. Whatever he's the only GM who hasn't put ANYTHING towards his tux and wants to take FI bach party day because he wants to celebrate his birthday. They're both being children and just need to talk about it, I'm sure a compromise can be worked out. The date is not GM actual birthday and he has a habit of picking days that are usually inconvenient for everyone...like a Tuesday (last year). Stupid boys.
  • edited December 2011
    We both have three sisters.  I planned on having my sisters in the party, but they wouldn't have cared if I would have told them I only wanted my other two attendants.  And although FI didn't care if his sisters were in wedding or not we basically weren't given a choice by FMIL and FSILs, they made our lives miserable for a few weeks until we caved.   The FSILs will be standing on FI side (w/4 GM).  I have 5 BM that I chose myself.  FI chose his 4 GM himself.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We each only had say in our own sides. I have my sister and 2 friends and he has 3 of his friends (his brother will be ring bearer). Two of his middle sisters (13 and 17) want to be BMs, but I said no - FI has 7 sisters and none of the others made any sort of stink about it - and offered them other things they could help with, all of which they have so far declined, but at least they were offered something.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards