Catholic Weddings

EE Weekend :)

I know everyone posts about their EE weekend, but I wanted to share anyways!

FI and I just had our EE weekend, and it was so wonderful! The married couples who shared were so warm and helpful, and the question and answer sessions were very thought-provoking and took our conversations to the next level. We had already shared our thoughts about the "big topics"- our faith, family expectations, finances, etc, but the worksheets we completed separately and then shared brought up some different questions that were fun to share, but also made as think more deeply. As the last session, they had us write a love letter to our fiance and read it aloud to them, and it was such a sweet moment. FI and I went outside to read ours, as it was finally a spring day here in Boston, and there was a woman playing her guitar off to the side, and it was just wonderful! There was also a ceremony where the deacon gave us an engagement blessing, and had as read an engagement prayer to each other, sort of live pre-vows, and FI almost had me in tears!

We're planning on taking an NFP course in the fall when we have more time, have any of you taken one yet?

The only downside at the end of this great experience was that FI had to leave for a week-long work trip today, and I'm missing him terribly after our heartfelt weekend!
~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: EE Weekend :)

• edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your EE Weekend.  My H and I also attended one before our marriage last year.

I am not trying to be mean, but many ladies have posted their reviews on EE Weekends, so I encourage you to look down the page or perhaps back a page or two at some of the other EE related threads.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had such a good weekend. We had a good weekend as well, though we had pretty much talked about everything already. For us, it was just good to have time together because we never seem to get enough time. Just some unsolicited advice, maybe write a letter to your FI this week or a little note each day to help with missing him while he's gone?

FI and I are in the middle of our 8 NFP sessions with our training person. We're using the Creighton Method. Things have been going well and I really recommend taking the full series of classes and doing them early. Our Diocese recommends 3-6 months before the wedding. FI and I started 10 months before and I can't imagine starting much later than that because it takes time to develop habits and understand everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto above about NFP. It took me awhile to get the hang of it because I had some health issues (Which I didn't know about until I started charting. Got those cleared up and then I could really feel confident).
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had such a good experience!  It seems to be a mixed bag on here depending on what diocese they're in.

Another vote for Creighton method and starting to learn early!  The earlier you start, the more habitual it becomes and won't add to the stress that comes once you're at the less-than-6-month-from-the-wedding mark... trust me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards