North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Mile post 9 in Nags Head?

Hey Knotties, My wedding is in 20 days and I live over 3 hours away in Apex, NC. I will not be able to drive there and back(to see the location of the ceremony) before the wedding. Im have my wedding ceremony on the beach in Nags Head. My official told me that mile post 9 have a public gazebo on the beach. Is anyone familiar with this area? And when I tell out of town guests where it is do I just say mile post 9 in Nahs Head? Does it have an address to go by? I'm freaking out a little with last minute details and bringing everything together on a budget so any info will help! Thanks in advance! -Sam
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mile post 9 in Nags Head?

• Options
    What did you put on your invitations?

Typically, there are public beach accesses at intersections, so I would find out the closest cross street and go from there.....the "Beach Road" is technically called Virginia Dare Trail, so that is what you will want to actually tell people.  Just find out the cross street and go from there.

Your officiant should also be able to help you figure out the exact cross street near that access.  If that doesn't work, call the Chamber of Commerce down there and they can point you in the right direction.  I can't seem to find a good map of the actual locations of the beach accesses.

• Options
    Okay, thanks! I think we are just going to get a hotel on S. Virginia Dare Trail and have the ceremony on the beach(in front of the hotel).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards