Michigan-Northern

Mount Pleasant reception?

We are trying to plan our ceremony for Dow Gardens and would like to have the reception in Mount Pleasant.  I am kind of stuck between the Comfort Inn and Buck's Run.  Anyone have any stories, good or bad, for me?  Or any other suggestions?

Re: Mount Pleasant reception?

• edited December 2011
    I went to CMU for my undergrad so I'm a Mt. Pleasant Pro ;)

My friend got married and had her reception at the Comfort Inn. It is owned by LaBelle, a huge family company that owns half the town. She used to work for them and got a great discount. The food was one of the best I've ever had at a wedding, the rooms are super nice and clean and the service was great and very private. Also, it is attached to Bennigans (that is so tasty) and your party can spill over that if it needs too. Keeping it more "in town" will allow your guest more flexiablity for hotel accomidatoins and thus the Taxi service meaning you don't have to worry about them or supply transportation if you do not wish.

Personally-- I'd pick that over Buck's Run. That's kinda...out there. Plus, your guests can stay at the Comfort Inn and party like rock stars and then you can block rooms there. When are you getting married?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards