Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

e-pic CRISIS

so for months my fiance and I have been looking forward to our engagement pics which we had all set up for tomorrow at the lovely chanticleer gardens in wayne. we fell in love with pics of the venue because it had a much different feel then we had ever seen and were really excited to have pics unlike anyone has seen before. However, now the weather forecast is predicting a >50% chance of rain/thunderstorms!! AHHH!!! can anyone think of any alternative indoor venues that will offer us beautiful picture taking opportunities? I was thinking longwood gardens because I know they have an inddor conservatory that is apparently fairly large. Is that overdone or look tacky in pictures? need some input fast ladies!! thanks!! 

Re: e-pic CRISIS

• Options
    Longwood is beautiful. Keep in mind that, if you decide to go that route, I believe that you have to pay admission for you, you FI, and the photographer. We did our engagement pics around City Hall and there were both indoor and outdoor spaces. You should talk to your photographer to see what they suggest. They may know of somewhere you've never even heard of that will work for what you want to do. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i actually just spoke with our photographer and apparently they only allow professional pics outside not in the conservatory. she suggests rescheduling but that is truly impossible i work night shift and my fiance had to take off and when he does that not only does he have to make it up but he has to find replacements for the whole day. this is really turning out to be a disaster and I am panicking. I wanted to get this done fast so we can use the pictures for our STDs. 
  • Options

A different and creative could be the Camden Aquarium. maybe some pictures in the Shark tunnel would be stunning.,
    After googling a little, The Kimmel Center or 30th Street station.
    Museum or winery?

Where is your wedding/reception at?
    Maybe something cute set up inthe lobby of that area?

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I had the same issue, working night shift and all.  I ended having them outside between rian showers at art musuem underneath cover.  But someone suggested to me after 30th street station.  I have seen pictures and it looks neat if you are into that and its free!
  • Options
    It poured rain for our engagement pictures! We were in old city but managed to find little alleys, doorways, and overhangs that made for some great pictures.  We considered rescheduling but in the end we were glad we didn't.  Umbrella pictures are cute!!! And on the plus side, at least I wasn't squinting from the sun!  
  • Options
     Part of Water Works is under a roof. You could call the art museum to see if you can take pictures inside there.
  • Options
    I'm curious what you ended up doing that day?!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards