Maryland-Baltimore

Silver Swan Bayside - New changes

For the ladies getting married at SSB, I wanted to let you know that Amelia and Chef Scott are no longer there. 

I just dropped my revised contract in the mail to them yesterday, and found out about the changes today.  I immediately called my WP and told her about what I had heard (on another board).  She called them and was able to speak with someone, who confirmed that Amelia and Scott were replaced with Raphael (planner) and Chef Kevin. Also, the new pastry chef, Chef Duff, is also now on board.

She then received a call back from Raphael, and feels that he understands the "service" part of customer service.  He said all the right things and made all the apologies (for brides hearing about this change through the grapevine, instead of through formalized communications from SSB). 

Due to a very specific and customized menu that I created, and then tweaked with Chef Scott, we'll work with the new chef next week, to understand what changes, if any should be expected.

Just thought you should know...
Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Silver Swan Bayside - New changes

• edited December 2011
    That's good to hear.  I read another post further down that said some reassuring things as well.  I definitely have been panicking (again).  I'm starting to think that we should have a Sliver Swan sticky on this board.  lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    So glad to hear the staff in place seems to know what they are doing. I just hope they stick around! Thanks for calling and getting the scoop.
  • JessirockzJessirockz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey i was looking at trying that.. what the prices for a wedding there?
  • edited December 2011
    Can you give me more info on these revised contracts?  I know nothing about them.  I haven't been sent one and never heard anything about them until I read about them hear.  This Joann chick that's there now makes me very nervous.  She me say the right things, but in the two conversations I've had with her, she didn't remember anything I told her.  I'm stating to this I may need a back-up location.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at silver swan in September. What are you guys doing for ceremony music (if you are having it there)?
  • edited December 2011
    @jennifer-If all goes well, I'm trying to get together a live ensemble.  I used to be a music major in colege, so I'm trying to use networking to my advantage.

If that does not happen, my DJ (who has worked at SSB several times) said it should be no problem to get the extra stuff needed to amp and provide music for the ceremony.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    My DJ is handling it.  He's worked at SSB before so he knows how to wire everything and where to put the speakers (he uses wireless).  His name is Jason Cannaan with QE LLC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards