South Carolina-Charleston

Day Of Wedding Activities

I'm trying to think of activities to keep my fiance and our out of town family and guests busy the day of the wedding. We will be setting up a walking tour of Charleston for the out of town guests. But what about the groom and the rest of the guys? I was thinking a morning game of golf. Any other suggestions on what the guys can do to keep themselves busy (and out of the bars)? Thanks much. 

Re: Day Of Wedding Activities

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    As far as a walking tour, you may want to consider a backup in case of bad weather.  I think a horse carriage ride may be a better idea.  Most of the companies offer group rates, and then your guests won't be exhausted from walking around downtown all day before heading to your wedding.  Plus, the carriages are covered so if it does rain a little they will stay dry. 

For the guys, if they want to drink, they are going to drink.  Golfing or some other activity will not stop them.  I never understood why the guys would want to get up super early in the morning and go play golf in the hot sun the morning of their wedding anyways though.  It is going to be a long day/night, so why not let them sleep in, have brunch somewhere and go on the carriage ride with the guests or something? 

I can't speak from experience though because our wedding was a noon so we pretty much got ready and then got married.  Good luck though!
  • edited December 2011
    Our guys played golf at 10, but they had a huge group and it ended up taking them about 5 1/2 hours. As far as the rest of the wedding guests, I wouldn't worry too much about planning things for them to do. They'll figure out things to do. We had lots of out of town guests and they all found plenty to do.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I sent my groomsmen and bridesmaids to this salon that was designed with the wedding party in mind. It is called Gents Barberspa and next door is Ladies Pamperspa.
    The guys went the day of for a clean up, hot shave etc. The salon provided cold beer and arranged for food. The guys raved about it!
    My girls went to the Ladies side for pedis and such. They have a service for on site up dos the day of and airbrush makeup.
    They have a good website too
    www. gentsbarberspa.com
    www.ladiespamperspa.com

Good luck! Charleston was an incredible place to get married!
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Gents & Ladies. I've heard lots of good things about this place!
    And I second the thought of a carriage tour or even a bus tour of Charleston. The tours here in town are very long and I know you wouldn't want your guests tired from walking all day long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards