Michigan-Detroit
Options

Detroit Tigers

Who else watched the amazing sweep?

Re: Detroit Tigers

• Options
    My DH was there! I was at workCry
  • Options
    Meeeeeeee! How exciting! Can't wait for next week!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_detroit-tigers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b3cc9f1b-c7d2-4a3e-9b17-972bff3f1ab8Post:e00044b4-7037-4b9e-925f-2d582b837cb3">Re: Detroit Tigers</a>:
    [QUOTE]My DH was there! I was at work
    Posted by Fernella[/QUOTE]

So jealous.
  • Options
    Going to World Series next weekend!!!
  • Options
    Tigers are in the World Series!!!!

I had tickets to tonight's game... Although I'm bummed not to get to go, I'm so happy they swept! Amazing game(s).
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't upload any of my pics as they are all too large.

It was an amazing night for us, two die-hard Tiger fans who actually remember the last 2 World Series victories, in 1968 & 1984. These opportunities don't come around often, so everyone, enjoy this while it lasts.

I also have to tell you how happy I am for Mr Ilitch. I worked in Little Caesar's risk management dept for about 3 years, over 6 years ago. I worked in the Fox Theater and my dealings took me to Comerica Park often. I worked there when Stanley Cups were won, but I can tell you how much he wants this for his Tigers.

Something you will never hear about his generosity: when the Tigers were in the World Series in 2006, he flew all the office employees plus one family member to St Louis for the games on private jets, paid for everything, rooms, busses, food. According to a discussion this week with one of my former coworkers in the Tiger organization, he's doing it again this year. They have no idea who they are playing, but he pays these expenses out of his own pocket. He doesn't just want to see his team win, and it's not just about the players. It's about the entire Tiger family and the fans.

Also, when they won the American League Championship in 2006, the players all got gorgeous rings with saphires and diamonds...........he also bought one for each office employee. I've seen them from my former coworkers. He is a truly remarkable man, and for all the criticism he may get about anything he does in the city, or with his businesses, he's a very generous billionaire who treats everyone well.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sue I completely agree with you about Mike Ilitch.  I know him and know how nice of a guy he is.  He does those things simply because he cares, not for a business write off like so many others.  He truly does care about Detroit and the Tigers and I think it would be great for him to experience them winning again. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards