Wedding Etiquette Forum

Directions?

Since you ladies always have such great advice, I figured I would try here also.  So I'm playing around with invitations and I like the pockets best.  One of the inserts is Directions, do I do directions to the church or the reception?

Re: Directions?

• I would do both. Indicate on the insert which directions are which. It's likely your guests will need directions to both locations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd do both.
  • Agree with PPs, I'd do both.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Both

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In order to do both, do I first do directions from the highway to the church and then church to reception, or do I do highway to reception?
  • I'd do:

Highway to Church
    Church to Reception
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_directions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c71778f4-1811-4d85-bfcb-a0abcf454d4cPost:8d2f644e-8b68-4976-b8aa-00a46fef2647">Re: Directions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd do: Highway to Church Church to Reception
    Posted by Jen4948[/QUOTE]

Ditto

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If they're included, I usually see just directions to the church and then either a card with the wedding programs or people just form a caravan. Both makes sense, but just another POV. We didnt include any. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Highway to the church from each direction guests might be coming from. For instance, mine will say from Providence and points North and from CT and points south. My wedding is located 2 exits into CT over the RI border and most guests are coming from RI or MA with a few from CT, so this works for us.

• I'm also including the website for my venue which includes directions from all points
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards