Delaware

Hair Salons

Hi Delaware Knotties!  Not necessarily wedding related, but I figure this is the best place to ask...I'm pretty new to the area and I'm looking for a good place to get my hair cut.  I'm not too particular, don't color my hair or anything...just looking for a nice place that is reasonably priced.  Preferably around Bear/Glasgow/Newark area.  Any suggestions?

THANX!!!

290 days until my wedding! <3

Re: Hair Salons

• edited December 2011

I only know of salons in the Wilmington area.  I've had my hair cut at Michael Christopher (hated my cut, and it was $75), Ulta (reasonably priced, went there for a while), Fusion (loved it there but my stylist left), and now I go to Todd's Salon (followed my stylist from Ulta to Todd's) but those are all in Wilmington.

I can ask some of my coworkers who live/work in that area where they go.  If you want to go to any of the places I've been, send me a PM and I can tell you stylists I personally recommend.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The stylist I have been going to for about 7yrs is now at Colour Roxx in Newark (Papermill Road) she is about $45 for a cut.  Not sure what you wanted to pay.  She is great though.  Let me know if you want her name.

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to Salon Rispoli and have liked it each time. PM me and I'll give you my name as a referral if you go.  I think they do discounted cuts for your 1st if you are a referral.
  • edited December 2011
    I go to Jeremy at Trilogy on Kirkwood Hwy, and love him.  In fact, my mom, sister, mom's best friend, 4 friends from college, and random other people I know on FB go there as well, to him or other stylists there.

It runs about 50 bucks for a wash, cut, and dry.  That's with Jeremy though- some may be more, some may be less.

Love him, he really knows how to work hair, and he knows how to talk to clients and actually make you feel welcome. 

I would NOT recommend Town and Country.  They have an asembly line going there (one washes, one dries, one cuts, one blowdries, etc), and every time I have been, whomever cut my hair NEVER said a WORD to me the entire time I was there.  Add in you have to pay for every little thing (want an extra towel, or conditioner, or styling products in your hair? they charge for all)...I just wasn't impressed.  Plus it was expensive compared to other decent salons around.
  • edited December 2011
    I second MsBriarRose... Trilogy is phenomenal. FI got me a gift certificate there for valentines day and I've been enjoying it ever since. I haven't had Jeremy, but I've used two girls in there, and they've both done a great job, doing exactly what I couldn't quite get out in words. :) (I don't like to get my hair cut; mine is past my hook strap on my bra. I just go to get it trimmed and styled) I would highly highly highly recommend them.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I will have to show my love for Trilogy as well. Jeremy has been cutting my hair for quite some time now. A good friend of mine goes to Jenn, and she loves her. I actually just booked the salon this morning for my wedding.
    ~Jenn Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YAY for Trilogy Brides!

Jeremy does a FANTASTIC job on hair and makeup.  I can't wait to be transformed!  See my new bio for pictures of the hair and MU trial.
  • edited December 2011
    I go to Trilogy as well!!!  Amy is my girl but she had a baby not too long ago and I think she's still on maturnaty leave.  She better get back soon though because I need a haircut!

I also do not recommend Town and Country.  My issue is that I don't trust anyone to cut my hair when the stylist themselves does not have good hair.  And I don't like that you cannot tip on your credit card-if you don't have cash on you, you have to take money ou of the ATM there is $20 increments and it charges you $4 plus the fee from your bank!!!  NO THANK YOU!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards