South Asian Weddings

Dupatta is way too heavy!! Where can i find a separate lighter dupatta to match?

The dupatta for my ceremony lengha is very heavy.  It really limits how I can do my hair, I really don't want to do just a high bun and my mu/hair artist said I really don't have many other options.  So I think I'm going to try and find a separate lighter dupatta to use over my head.  I think that's what is commonly done nowadays???

Anybody have any suggestions on where I can find some or even have one made?

Re: Dupatta is way too heavy!! Where can i find a separate lighter dupatta to match?

• msainimsaini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I ran into this same problem. I'm gettig married outside in August in California and realized that I didn't want to be a sweaty bride. My mom and I decided that I would not wear the duppata. Why cover up my hair and look miserable from the heat. So I'm wearing it like a shawl on my shoulders. I should add that my fiance is American, so I can definitely get away from this in the name of "fusion."

If you have any questions and are looking to get married in California I highly suggest using my Indian wedding planner Tejel Patel (AmbiancebyTejel).

Take care,
    Mia
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was able to get two dupattas with my ghagra choli - one light, and one with heavy embroidery/sequences at the store with my order....  can you check with the store to see if you can order another dupatta that will match?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards