Connecticut
Options

DJ

Hello Everyone, This is my first post but I am desperately looking for a great DJ or live band that is not outrageously priced. I am in the Farmington area. Do any of you have any suggestions? The two people we were most interested in are already booked :( Patty

Re: DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First off, congratulations and welcome! You'll find the girls here very helpful. I, unfortunately, am no help as I haven't DJ shopped yet. I could tell you the popular ones on here but I'll let brides with real experiences with them tell you :)
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!! Alot of the girls on here love After Hours!!! I don't know anything about them! My suggestions are Dance to the Music (www.dttment.com ) & Jimmy Dee (www.jimmydee.com ) !! HTH & GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    NicoleMud80NicoleMud80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked with James Daniel. We received great recommendations from several of our vendors, and we really clicked with the DJ we're using from there. They were very reasonably priced and Sean is super helpful and responsive.
  • Options
    CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using After Hours DJ Entertainment in Enfield. We love them and have heard only great things about them!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much to everyone who responded. This is such a wonderful website, I am so thankful for your responses. I will touch base with all of the responses. Thanks again- I am sure I will be in touch with some other needs as well :) I thought this was going to be easy but I am quickly realizing the good vendors book up over a year in advance :( Thanks again, Patty
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome to the board.All the girls here are great and so helpful. We used JamKat Entertainment.  Mark was great and he's got some good prices.http://www.jamkatentertainment.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and Welcome!  You will find this board really really helpful (I know I have!).  The DJ that my FI and I are using is named Kief and his website is: http://www.shockwavesoundsystems.com/index.htmlWe found him to be really reasonably priced and has a great personality!Good Luck in your search!
  • Options
    sunflowr0803sunflowr0803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ was Peter from After Hours and he was fantastic!! I highly recommend After Hours. :)
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are about to book after hours as well. I have a chart of all the ones I resaearched if you'd like me to send it to you. shoot me an email, ill reply with it, its in excel. amybjohnson26@gmail.com. There's so many out there, it's hard because it's not like you can see a lot of their work like a photographer. We really want someone who is uninrusive and we dont want any props or anything. We just want people to dance and have a blast!!! Good luck & congrats! -amy
  • Options
    Jason DjMêlée Palermo of Mêlée Wedding Entertainment great rate, appeals to all ages. Very professional. http://www.musicbymelee.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards