Maryland
Options

Catering by Uptown

Has anyone ever used them or had a friend who has? My sister's getting married and wants to use them. However, she and her fiance are in Germany for the next two months and don't really have a way to talk to anyone in person. Just wondering the "average" cost. Tried to email them and didn't get a real answer.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Catering by Uptown

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used them and the food was fantastic.  At the time, the price per person was $125 per person for our venue with an open bar; they have slightly less expensive options for beer and wine only.  At other venues they offer different levels of catering options that are cheaper, but I don't know the details or the prices.  From what I've read on here, I think their prices have gone up (we locked in 2008 prices when we signed in March 2009).  There was also a rental fee for our venue, which varies depending on the day you're getting married, and which venue you're using.

The per person charge includes linens, table settings, a DOC, chiavari chairs, the option of borrowing elements for your centerpieces (lotus bowls, candles, etc), staff to set up the centerpices, and a lot of other details.  The food consists of 6 passed and 3 stationary hors doeuvres, a salad course, soup course, dual entree, wedding cake from Sugarbakers, champagne toast, and another dessert option (ours was a chocolate fountain).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been talking to Darcy Munshower <dmunshower@cateringbyuptown.com>. I haven't been able to get a price yet either, but I really like her. I think the venue we were looking at (the Historic Waverly Mansion) is going to be too expensive though. I remember seeing another post on here a few weeks ago about Catering by Uptown and how you can get a price range until you meet with them in person. I looked for that post but can't find it now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I almost booked them. They are well-priced, especially considering they include a day of coordinator, cake, linens, and even some centerpieces.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going for a tour at the Celebrations At The Bay venue tomorrow so I'll let you guys know what the prices are like.
  • Options
    BrittalyseBrittalyse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also curious to hear the price.  I have an appointment in a few weeks but so far what I've read online has led me to think that it will be too expensive.  If anyone else has received any quotes I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Brittany
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards