Colorado-Denver
Options

Rock style wedding-Need help finding an affordable venue

I am trying to find a venue that is unique & affordable. My fiancee & I love rock music. Being a musician himself, my fiancee & I agree we don't want the typical overplayed dance music at our reception. We hope to find a venue that fits this style, such as a club or bar with a stage, without being trashy. I have looked into The Church and Soiled Dove, but they are out of our price range. We live in Longmont and are willing to look anywhere from Denver to Ft Collins. Please help!

Re: Rock style wedding-Need help finding an affordable venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd try Mile High Station.  I looked at some pics from a friend's wedding and it looks like a place that may fit what you're looking for.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Visitor center at Red Rocks?  You have to cater wtih them, so not sure what that will translate to the money (but the catering is very good).  That's pretty rock'n'roll. 

I agree that Mile High Station is a very neat space, also.

There's lots of bars you can try out downtown.  I don't know of any that you can specifically rent out, but I would check out Whiskey Bar and perhaps even Dazzle (jazz club). 
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you did a morning wedding you could rent out the Hardrock cafe downtown... I went to a brunch there and it was awesome to have the place just for us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your flexibility with dates I would try Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret on the 16th St mall in Denver. Their space is awesome, as is the location! Not sure about their rates but it is worth checking out.
  • Options
    bobbie3212bobbie3212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the Sunset Event Center in Old Town Fort Collins. It is an old bar / dance club turned into a venue. Might be a perfect fit. Also fairly affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards