Texas-Austin
Options

Vintage villas, Lakeway, Horseshoe bay

Has any one had a past wedding at any of these, or are you planning one? Any feedback? The FI and I are driving up to Austin next week to take a look...

Re: Vintage villas, Lakeway, Horseshoe bay

• Options
    lasaggie08lasaggie08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at Vintage Villas. They have been so great. I think you get a lot for your money and they have given us stellar service so far. Plus its beautiful! My coordinator is Samantha and she works wonders.

Have fun this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Went to my Fiances cousins wedding about 7 years ago at Vintage Villas it was very nice. A couple of months ago we attended an even there that had different vendors and whatnot (basicly a very intimate bridal extraviganza). I was reminded on how nice the venue was.
    We also stayed at Horseshoe Bay about 4 years ago. The place is very nice (I think we explored the entire grounds in our visit). We had a great time. The place gave off a romantic vibe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is at Vintage Villas as well, and I am also working with Samantha. They have been wonderful so far and I cannot wait until July 31. 
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    TXAnnTXAnn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Lakeway in August!  Vintage Villas was a very close 2nd for us.  I don't think you can go wrong with either venue!

Lakeway has been great to work with - our contact is very helpful and accommodating, answers all our questions with good detail, and has great ideas/suggestions for us, as well.

The ballroom and view of the lake is just amazing... we can't wait!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Vintage Villas, as well.  I have never been to a wedding there but several acquaintances of mine, also chose it for their weddings.  I'm working with Lauren, and she is great!  And the PP is right, you get a lot for your money!
    Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see a really great review on Lakeway- which I am happy to hear that you guys have had such a good experience with them!!!

We on the other hand had a bad experience looking at lakeway- the lady out there was rude, a know it all, and just downright awful to deal with. (this was a year ago). We went to Lakeway 3 different times to look around and meet with people before we decided it wasn't for us. The final reason we chose not to do it- the staff. Also- we went in to view a wedding set up- they had dishes on the table set up for a wedding that weren't clean- I'm talking lipstick on the drinking glasses etc. Plus, just multiple other things. Again- our main reason we ended up saying no to lakeway was the staff- but that could have changed over the last year.

Ive been to a wedding at Vintage- it was GORGEOUS! And the bride said she had a great experience there.

Ive never been to Horseshoe Bay- but we have just a weekend trip scheduled there over the summer- I've heard good things!
  • Options
    nmortonnmorton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Vintage Villas on May 21st and have had nothing less of a great experience with them. Lauren is my contact person as well and I agree that she is great! Plus the lakeview is fabulous!!!
  • Options
    lasaggie08lasaggie08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nmorton I'm getting married at VV on May 20th! How much fun :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ariemueariemue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input ladies! Unfortunately we were not able to go to Austin this weekend, the kiddo was very ill. I was bummed because I was soooo looking forward to viewing these places! Oh well, we will be going in the next few weeks and I'll have to post an update. It seems like a lot of ppl are getting married at Vintage Villas. So far, they have been the courteous. I hate to say but I've talked to someone at Lakeway twice, and she was very short with me. We are still going to check it out. Since our wedding is small, I was looking at renting a bed and breakfast called La Villa Vista as well.
  • Options
    annacaseyannacasey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might wanna check out Nature's Point too. It's gorgeous and right on the lake (but high up, with a view). It's got indoor and outdoor options and a boat launch! x
  • Options
    TXAnnTXAnn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I hate to see that people have had negative experiences with Lakeway and the staff out there :(  We are working with Judith and she has already been very helpful in working with us in figuring out the layout and making great suggestions.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for dirty dishes - yucky!!  Thanks for the heads up :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings at all three, and they are all beautiful! I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Definitely go check them out in person... you'll know when you've found the right venue for you! :)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards