Catholic Weddings

April 30th!!!

I was just thinking.... since this is the Catholic Board.... none of us are probably getting married durring Lent...  April 30th anyone? 

We will have not only flowers from Easter the week before but communion is the morning of our wedding.  Something we didn't plan for but it really will help our budget with the florist.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: April 30th!!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I didn't think most churches encouraged you to get married during Lent. But hey, if it works for you and the church, why not?
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a wedding next weekend in a Catholic church (no mass though).  So I think churches do allow it but they are not allowed to decorate the church at all because it is during lent.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    april 30 is post easter, missy.  easter is april 24.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's sometimes permitted but they usually encourage the bride and groom to keep the ceremony and celebration more subdued because of the penitential nature of the season.  A friend had a wedding in the middle of March/Lent last year and they were allowed to, but kept everything a bit more low key and just did a dessert reception in the church hall following the ceremony.

We've got that advantage this year, too!  Our church tries to keep flowers up the entire 50 day Easter season and May 28th still falls in that time since Easter falls so late this year.  Additionally, there will be ordinations the morning before our wedding, too... so that's pretty much a guarantee that the Cathedral will be adorned joyfully :)
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I am a lurker, but I am an April 30th bride!!  We picked it because we wanted springtime, and April 30th is the first Saturday after Easter (no weddings during Lent, of course).  The church will have all of its lillies up on the altar, and it is a joyous season, so I know it will be awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also getting Married on April 30th.

I will be getting Baptized at the Easter Vigil.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats fellow April 30th Brides!
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_april-30th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ce8a0fcb-014e-47b8-b72b-14b7954cc203Post:39363680-d321-472d-96b7-f60d38c43059">Re: April 30th!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also getting Married on April 30th. I will be getting Baptized at the Easter Vigil.
    Posted by wifeandmommy0609[/QUOTE]

How exciting to be also celebrating your baptism.
  • lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    :-) 
    I always thought that would be awesome to get married in the octave of Christmas or Easter....so many beautiful flowers already in the church! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_april-30th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ce8a0fcb-014e-47b8-b72b-14b7954cc203Post:56e650b6-38fa-46c1-845f-9ec82e9edf39">Re: April 30th!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: April 30th!!! : How exciting to be also celebrating your baptism.
    Posted by HandBanana[/QUOTE]
    Thank you I am super excited.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards