New York-Western
Options

Shoes and Jewelry

I need to start looking into jewelry and shoes for me and my girls! I was just wondering where you're having your bridesmaids get their shoes from? Are you having them all wear the same shoes? Where are you getting your shoes from? Where are you getting your jewelry? I don't even know where to start! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shoes and Jewelry

• Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I probably won't be much of a help, but here's what I'm doing:

My bridesmaids are all wearing their own white shoes. Two of them already have a pair from a wedding they were in earlier this year, and I told my MOH (my sister) to go shopping for hers in the spring, when she's more likely to find white sandal-type shoes.

I got my shoes from David's Bridal. $25, and they're cute, so why not? I'd have loved to get those bright, bold shoes (zappos.com or after6.com), but I have a lace dress and it'd just look weird.

As for my jewelry, FI is getting a necklace and earrings custom-made at the jewelrer where we're having our rings made. My bridesmaids are wearing their own silver jewelry (though I did buy them coordinating bracelets that they can wear if they want).
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls were told to wear sliver shoes. Any style as long as they were sliver. Some took ones out of there closet, others went shopping.

I got my shoes at zappos.com. They were champagne, flats and perfect for me. I loved the fact that I could order 10 pairs of shoes and return 9 free of charge,

My jewelry was my something borrow- grandma pearls and something blue- my topaz (birth stone) ring. My girls all had pearl floating necklaces that I bought in Hawaii for them a few years ago and I bought them pearl stud earing.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls had short dresses so I wanted all of the shoes to match.  We tried to order them online but ended up having issues finding a shoe that everyone liked in the correct color and size. They ordered a couple of pairs but ended up returning them because they didn't fit one of the girls.  It was a headache.  I ended up finding a shoe at DSW for the bridesmaids - I bought 2 pairs for each girl in different sizes and returned the extras after. 

For myself, I bought a couple pairs of shoes from Zappos and Endless - free returns and super easy. 

My jewelry I got at the store where I got my dress (Alfred Angelo) because the style matched.

The girls' jewelry I got on etsy - super customizable and you can get some good deals for nice jewelry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked all my girls to wear red shoes.  From there I left it up to them what kind of shoes and where they got them.  

I also had them wear their own jewelry.  I just asked that it was silver/white gold.

I just wore earrings and I got them off of Beyond the Rack.

And for my shoes, I found my ceremony ones on Nordstroms online and my reception flats at DSW.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards