New York-Long Island

Interfaith Wedding

Hi All,

I just wanted to post that we had met with many possible Jewish officiants for our interfaith wedding and we were so happy that we found Rabbi Ronald Broden.  He was wonderful!  People kept commenting on the ceremony and how special it was.  I don't remember his website but if you do a search under his name you'll find him.  Great singing voice too.  I'm not Jewish, but I felt comfortable as did my family by his style and warmth and humor too.  Just wanted to let anyone in the NY area who might have been in mine and my finacee Steven's situation.
K

Re: Interfaith Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I'm in the opposite situation.  My FH is christian, and I'm secular humanistic jewish.  Since he's more religious than I am, and it means a lot to him that he be married by his favorite pastor, we're going ahead with that.  It was a little hard to talk my Jewish family into paying for a wedding officiated by any religious official, actually, but we're trying to keep the actual ceremony fairly non-denominational (though not secular).  It seems like a good balance, and we're all happy with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards