Delaware

Since we're dead over here... (AW)

I'm gonna AW a few of my finished DIY projects from this weekend...

These are our response cards. I can't wait to see them come back... and what gets checked off. :)

These are the hangers for me and my bridesmaids. I'm probably going to re-do at least two of them- I'm not sure I'm happy with Becca's and I'm not sure I like mine. (Jennifer <3 Adam) I may just make it Jennifer... I'm not sure yet. We'll see. Any thoughts?
Anniversary
TTC since 12/17/11
BFP 02/19/2012
M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Since we're dead over here... (AW)

• EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you for posting something...it has been dull over here. it seems like you are making the hangers yourself? how on earth did you learn that? love the idea as a gift!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love that you're a DIY bride.  I was too!  And I love the hangers.  I really wanted to make them too, but ran out of time.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. Yup- I'm making them. I've always been able to mimic something that I've seen, so I printed out a picture from etsy and used it as my model. I'm pretty proud of them:) Dibs- almost every single thing we're doing is diy. Just short of my dress. Even the flowers- my moh & bm's & I are getting together the day before to do all of the flowers. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was going to do flowers too, but decided to DIY cupcakes.  I knew I couldn't (or wouldn't want to) take on both at the same time.

• edited December 2011
    The cake is the only thing I'm not messing with. With my first wedding, my mom convinced me that it would be awesome to make a 'fake cake' and have real cake in the kitchen. That was the biggest waste of foamcore board, duct tape, caulk, and 5 lbs of buttercream icing. Yeah.

We're using Cannon's though, so the pricing is awesome. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    Your hangers look great!
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooooooooo I love both!!! The response cards are fun and the hangers are AWESOME!!!!  I think you should do just your name on the hanger since it's your dress :) Maybe do a heart on each side? Actually either way is cute. What am I saying??? I can't believe the things you do. It's so fun to see what you came up with!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Thanks, MH. :)

JL- I did make one with just my name on it.... I switched it out. :) Here's the finally finished project.

JL- I did make one with just my name on it.... I switched it out. :) Here's the finally finished project.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    I am the same way!! I am DIY everything including food, cupcakes flowers, just not me dress lol.
  • cfblechmancfblechman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wowwwww. I am impressed. I am thinking about doing them, but I have a feeling they will turn out like a kindergarden project. :( My photographer bought a <3 one specifically for pictures, but I like the name ones better. I might be coming to you for tips in a couple of months!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
  • dianarjanedianarjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love both!!!! The hangers are awesome!!!!
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Impressive
  • kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow those hangers are adorable!  Great job!  Any chance you still have the link from Etsy?

You should add a bow in your wedding colors around the neck of the hanger to add a pop of color.  But they look fantastic.  Looks like alot of time but well worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards