New Jersey - South

Bake Works and Luscious and Sweets

Has anyone used either of these bakeries?

I had some trouble with Bake Works trying to request an appointment, they were very rude and unaccommodating. I have a tasting at Luscious and Sweets. Was wondering if anyone was going with one of these bakeries and what they thought??

I've heard such great things about Bake Works but after the conversation I had with them I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to schedule a tasting....

Thanks girls, any recs always help :)

Re: Bake Works and Luscious and Sweets

• edited December 2011
    i met a woman from bake works at a bridal show last week who wasn't the friendliest of people... she didn't make a great impression on me but the cupcakes they had at their table were delicious lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy: The Dress
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • edited December 2011

I've had similar issues with them.  I went in when they were close to closing one day with my MIL and Mom and made an appt.  We went to the appt 2 weeks later and they served us, were actually kinda nice.  the cake is fantastic, but really expensive!  My mom has gone other times and gotten attitude from them.  My MIL has had no problems with them.  I guess it depends on the day and the person and their mood.

Also check out Christine's Italian bakery.  That's who we used and I felt they were just as good as the bakeworks without all the nasty-ness.

At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_bake-works-luscious-sweets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:2a5887f4-3f18-4cc7-9628-bbdd515f2f65Post:c8c54cf3-e1b6-4316-ae1c-30b6e89884fa">Re: Bake Works and Luscious and Sweets</a>:
    [QUOTE]i met a woman from bake works at a bridal show last week who wasn't the friendliest of people... she didn't make a great impression on me but the cupcakes they had at their table were delicious lol.
    Posted by rbehm521[/QUOTE]

I had the same impression of them when I also attended a bridal show where they had a display.  Someone needs to teach them a lesson in manners!
  • BoldHartBoldHart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well forget them then! haha I am glad not to be alone! I will also check out Chrstine's. Thank you ladies!
  • naylimenaylime member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
      we have a cake tasting at bakeworks next week.  The girls there were pretty nice setting it up, and when we met them at a show they gave us so many free delicious cupcakes!  Maybe it was just one person that is giving them a bad rep... I'd say just go in, they have amazing cakes.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Luscious and Sweet... Cake at my wedding was nothing like what I requested nor had at my tasting. It was the only thing about my wedding I was disappointed with! 
    Kerry Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards