Catholic Weddings

Thursday!

Anyone up to anything exciting?  I'm in total stress mode, and I'm trying so hard ot just chill out!   This weekend is my bachelorette party, so that'll be nice.  And then on Sunday I am getting a facial and massage, so I'll get to relax some hopefully.  Can't wait!

Re: Thursday!

• Resa, sounds like a fun weekend in store for you!

I'm heading down to the Twin Cities this weekend to visit my family, and pick up my wedding dress.  I ordered it back around Christmas, so I"m super excited to finally see it! 

The downtown street fair is in town today through Saturday.  Some of us went over for lunch, and although my gyro was really delicious, it's SOOOO hot out!  I had planned on walking around the street fair to check things out and maybe get some BM gifts, but I'd have to do it tonight since I"m gone the rest of the weekend.  I"m actually kind of glad that I'll be gone, since I live right downtown I find myself getting so annoyed at the crowds when I can barely get to/from my parking spot, and can't find a good spot to take my dogs out because there's so many people.
  • Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I leave for Madison, WI tomorrow for the American Society for Virology annual meeting. So I will be listening to lots of talks about viruses for the next couple of days and I am presenting a poster on my own research. I got to go to the meeting last year in Minneapolis and had a great time, so I am looking forward to the trip, although I will miss my husband. Less than two weeks into marriage and I am already going on a trip without him, haha. I have a little bit of free time Friday afternoon/evening so if anyone has suggestions for things I have to see in Madison let me know! I am staying on the University of Wisconsin campus so I have been thinking about checking out some of the free museums near by.

Resa have lots of fun at your bachelorette party and Erin have fun at your dress fitting, how exciting!
  • Yay for relaxation! What are you doing for your bachelorette party?

I'm just anxious about my ride home from work tonight. I take the train, and I had a creepy guy who wouldnt leave me alone yesterday and kept trying to find out where I live. (even after I told him I don't tell people that) he followed me into the same car and sat close by. He was forced to stop talking to me when I called my fiance...

The guy decided to tell me he's a plumber and working on a job that lets him take the train for the next few days....lucky me.Yell
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yikes Christina, how creepy!  Hopefully you don't run into him anymore.

Tami - enjoy your time in Madison!  My brother goes to school at UW-M, but I've never been.  I'd ask him for suggestions, but as a 20 year old college student, I'm pretty sure he spends his free time partying rather than going to museums :)
  • Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:3292bc4d-21f4-4f85-8223-588d312149b0Post:e1250e32-ffdb-4434-9ab8-a19c57a57dee">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yikes Christina, how creepy!  Hopefully you don't run into him anymore. Tami - enjoy your time in Madison!  My brother goes to school at UW-M, but I've never been.  I'd ask him for suggestions, but as a 20 year old college student, I'm pretty sure he spends his free time partying rather than going to museums :)
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

I agree that is really creepy Christina. I hope that you can manage to avoid him. Stay safe!

Erin - Us graduate students are also looking for a cheap bar close by to visit in the evenings, so maybe your brother can be some help in that, haha.
  • We are going to start out at a BM's house and have a cocktail and light appetizers.  Then out to dinner at one of my favorite local places.  Then some of us will head out bar hopping a little.  Nothing too crazy, but just a fun night dancing with the girls.  I'm sure I'll have to wear a sash and veil and all that, lol, but I'm looking forward to a fun girls night. 

Christina, that's creepy! 

Erin, are you dying with excitement?!  I hope the fitting goes really well!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:3292bc4d-21f4-4f85-8223-588d312149b0Post:8e748dda-cf34-42a9-bcb8-6aff03b4e665">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to start out at a BM's house and have a cocktail and light appetizers.  Then out to dinner at one of my favorite local places.  Then some of us will head out bar hopping a little.  Nothing too crazy, but just a fun night dancing with the girls.  I'm sure I'll have to wear a sash and veil and all that, lol, but I'm looking forward to a fun girls night.  Christina, that's creepy!  <strong>Erin, are you dying with excitement?</strong>!  I hope the fitting goes really well!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

I sure am!  I"m not having any alterations done there, I'm picking it up and bringing it back home to have them done locally.  But, I'm still going to try it on there and make sure it's all in order before I take it with me.

And, I just got a call that the bridesmaids dresses are in too, so my sister and I are going to pick those up too.  What a wedding-filled weekend!
  • So exciting, Erin!  When is your wedding?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:3292bc4d-21f4-4f85-8223-588d312149b0Post:7d6cb95a-c65b-456a-9ca7-28334c4c5f93">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So exciting, Erin!  When is your wedding?
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

10/20/12 - three months away!
  • Erin, how long has your engagement been? I got engaged in March, and the time flying! I'll be married about a month after you on November 25th. 

Enjoy your party!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    Sounds like lots of exciting weekends for y'all!

I've got a training on district technology tonight, and I'm dreading it.  I actually (mostly) enjoy these training seminars, but teachers make the absolute WORST students.  Every inservice with my old district, people would be complaining, talking over the presenters, or texting or on their iPads or something and it's just so irritating.  I also get really annoyed when people derail a class with irrelevant questions.  I used to be a presenter at inservices so it was even worse -- one of my co-presenters came from a school where, judging from the behavior of her team, no one had any respect for her.  She'd be explaining a particular lesson and her teachers would just be talking amongst themselves.  I felt like screaming at them.

I'm hoping things will go well, and maybe people in my new district are nicer than people in my old district.  And hopefully we'll get out early, because my sorority's alumni group is having a happy hour tonight and I completely forgot and double-booked myself with this training.  =(

ETA: Resa, your post reminded me that I bought a groupon for a massage!  Yay!  All this travelling recently has left me SUPER sore!
    Anniversary

• Christina - our engagement will be just shy of a year.  We got engaged on the Thursday before Halloween last year.  We had discussed it generally before and knew we both wanted a fall wedding, so it was either sometime in Fall 2012, or wait another year.  Our reception venue only had three Saturdays available in all of September and October 2012, and luckily 10/20 worked out with all our schedules.

Sometimes I think it might have been nice to have a shorter engagement like yours.  It seems like the more time I had, the more I changed my mind or came up with more projects that I "have" to do!
  • Ooh a massage sounds great!  That reminds me that I have a gift certificate for a one-hour massage - at this point, I'll probably wait and schedule it for sometime just before the wedding.

Prof - good luck with your training!  Hope you get out early - happy hour sounds really good right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards