North Carolina-Outer Banks

The Love Boat

Anyone have information on how The Love Boat did in the hurricane.. haven't heard much from Frisco/Buxton area.. Just that the flooding was bad!  We're hoping our wedding for 9/10/11 is still possible.  Deep Breaths right?  Thanks!

Re: The Love Boat

• mandafite821mandafite821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Haven't heard anything either.  I am a Love Boat Bride too, but we aren't getting married until May of next year.  I hope everything turns out, and that you'll be able to have your wedding!  
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    edited December 2011
    I have not heard about The Love Boat, but there is a breach and a new inlet around the "S-Curves" just north of Rodanthe.  So far they have not said how long the fix could be but I really hope it gets done before your big day!\

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/nc-12-washes-out-rodanthe-stranding-hundreds

http://www.darenc.com/EmgyMgmt/Alert/index.asp
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • alibavalibav member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh... that's not good.  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sending all sorts of happy thoughts your way and hoping that everything still works out for your wedding.  Please keep us updated and let us know what you hear!  I was a Love Boat bride on 7/1/11 and that place has a huge spot in our hearts.
  • mandafite821mandafite821 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know who you rented The Love Boat through.  Did you rent through Hatteras Realty or Spa Koru?  B/C I know they are working on switching everyone over to the Spa.  I rented through the Spa, and I just found them on facebook.  It looks like Spa Koru had no damage, and they will be reopening on Wednesday.  Maybe then you can find out the condition of The Love Boat.  
  • jlbmousiejlbmousie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Elizabeth City which is about 45 minutes from the OBX.  In the Virginian-pilot newspaper this morning it states that N.C. 12 has been washed out in two areas the first one at the Pea Island National Refuge and at Mirlo Beach.   It also states that repair will take longer than two months.

Perhaps you can go to the Virginian-pilot website and read the article and see the pictures.    It mentioned something about a ferry service that will be running ( at this time it is only for essential personnel: technicians, doctors, etc)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards