Iowa-Des Moines

Plus Size Brides

Hi Ladies,
I was just wondering where the best place to shop in Iowa for plus size brides are for a wedding dress. I am actually really nervous to go wedding dress shopping.

Thanks!

Re: Plus Size Brides

• edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal and I actually really liked it.  They had a lot of the different sizes in stock so you could actually try on something in your size.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Weddings by Design. They had a nice selection of plus size dresses.

I also tried on dresses at the Bridal shop in Ankeny, I wouldn't recommend going there, they didn't have too many dresses that were in plus size, and their customer service was not great at all.

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • renjon7798renjon7798 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are located at but Hopes Bridal near Atkins has dresses up to size 28 in stock to try on!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with weddings by design and Hopes. Party Palisades in Indianola has a good selection. The store in Boone, has like 3 dresses iver size 12 total. The bridal store in manchester has a good selection. Heart to Heart in North Liberty has some plus size dresses out. They say they have more dresses downstairs that they pull occaisonally. The bridal store in Decorah has a good variety also. Sorry for the scatter brain response I was thinking of all of the places I went to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_plus-size-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:3a73f3bf-eeee-4e0f-a303-f248be06dcb9Post:8f195dea-32f4-4ae2-be55-49476763f004">Plus Size Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, I was just wondering where the best place to shop in Iowa for plus size brides are for a wedding dress. I am actually really nervous to go wedding dress shopping. Thanks!
    Posted by jamiejbar[/QUOTE]

<div>THE BEST PLACE IS AT PRINCESS BOUTIQUE IN BURLINGTON , IOWA website is princessboutique.us they are the BEST !!!!!!! they have sizes 0-30 and are so friendly and nice they are worth the drive !!!! I am a 26 I would know !!! look them up on facebook to !!! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards