September 2012 Weddings
Options

Semi dress drama!

Okay ladies I think I just need to vent and talk to other future brides.  A few months back I tried on about 20 dresses and I feel in love with two dresses. I decided not to get the one because the one shoulder strap made my neck break out :( The dress I bought I was so excited to see when it came in. I came out of the dressing room and definetely don't feel like I got the reaction I was expecting.  Is this because I wasn't in love with the dress anymore or was it because I was feeling the vibes of my BMs, FMIL, and my mom. The only pictures that got taken of me in the dress were with my FMIL phone and so I had her send me the pictures and I wasn't very thrilled how I looked!  What's going on?
Maybe once I get the jewelry and hair all done and the right alterations, it'll be like I originally envisioned.
Of course my FI says everything will be fine and he's trying to be supportive but....
And I haven't told anyone else what is going on.  Has anyone else felt like this?

Re: Semi dress drama!

• Options
    Fortunately I havent had any dress regret but from what Ive seen on the boards, what youre going through is totally normal! I think that a lot of girls second guess their dress choice. I wouldnt let the reactions of other people dictate how you feel about the dress, even though I know thats much easier said than done. How do YOU feel in it? Do you think you dont like how you look in it now in the pictures because you didnt think that other people had a strong reaction? 
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had doubts when I saw myself in pics of me in the dress.... but the way i felt when it was on is just amazing.  The dress was too small so it didnt fit perfectly on my body...  I just keep telling myself that when i was in it, I knew it was the dress. 
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have MAJOR dress regret right now, but that's because I'm scared I wont get back to the size I was when I purchased it in September. 

I think when you have everything together you'll feel better.  Next time try going with your hair and makeup done.
  • Options
    There were probably a lot of emotions and expectations around when you went in to see your dress again. That's normal. My dress hasn't arrived yet and I still wonder if i made the right choice. Just remind yourself that you tried on plenty of gowns and for some reason that one stood out. Also, I recommend not looking around at other dresses anymore.
  • Options
    Totally normal! And PLEASE don't form any opinions from a crappy phone picture. DELETE IT. Phone pictures are not flattering at all. At all. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    Maybe you can go try it on alone? That way you can take some time, without any one else's opinions! 
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup I had major dress regret!  I bought my dress too soon!  My fiance told me that do what makes you happy because you don't want to look back on your day thinking you could have been in a different dress.  I did just that and bought a different dress!  Thankfully the first one was 1/3 of my original dress budget, and the new dress made up for the rest of the dress budget!  If you see yourself trying on the same style of dress, stay with your dress!!!  Just because other people don't like it, doesn't mean it's not you!  You have to love your dress and make your decision for yourself :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I'm sure it'll be fine, just need to go back in again try it on, probably by myself and see how I feel!  I'll post a picture when I get it on a regular camera :) Thanks for calming my nerves!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards