Nebraska-Omaha

help

Budget, need venue that is elegant and unique in and around council bluffs/ omaha area.  I Just got engaged last week and I am already not sleeping because of the money.  Ideas needed and does anyone KNOW WHAT THE $$/ $$$ are in real dollars? 

Re: help

• edited December 2011
    Somewhere around here is a guide for what the $$$ mean. 

If you can pick up a Nebraska Wedding Magazine or go to their website, they have a pretty lengthy list of all the reception venues/sites in Nebraska (most of them are in Lincoln and Omaha).  We're having our wedding/reception at the UNO Alumni Center.  It's not the most budget-friendly place, but for us our venue was very important, so we didn't mind allotting more of our budget to renting it. 

So, I would decide how important your venue is to you, and if you're like us we skimping on other things in order to have the "perfect" wedding/reception site.  I've been finding that some places might be cheaper but aren't decorated very well, so you'll spend more on decorations.  However, iif you can find a nicer place that is already decorated well, you wont need much for additional decorations.

Good luck in your search!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.tinyurl.com/halllist will be helpful.  The VFW/Legion type places will be cheaper but not as "elegant."  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say the best way to save money on a venue is to find a place that lets you bring in your own food and alcohol. Some places might not be too bad to rent, but having to pay $15+ a plate for catering will break the bank!

I'm having my reception at Legacy Hall. It's beautiful, it's huge (I think it can fit 450 people), they allow you to bring in your own food and alcohol (they have a bar window and a warming kitchen you can use). I just love it. And then I'm using Schierbrocks Grocery & Catering in Neola, IA as my caterer. We're getting a 2 meat buffet that has 2 different veggies, 2 different potatoes, 2 or 3 different salads, and then they provide all the plates, cups, cutlery etc...and it's only $9 per person.

HTH! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The stockyard exchange building is awesome! there are two ballrooms, and i believe the south ballroom is cheaper than the north.  you have to use their caterer, but their food is great!  i would say for omaha, the price is probably $-$$
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards