Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Inclusive Packages vs. Individual Vendors

Right not I'm in the process of trying to decide whether to go with a reception veue that offers an all inclusive package versus renting a venue and bringing in my own vendors. My parents are convinced that I will absolutely be able to have a less expensive wedding if I piecemeal everything and hire the vendors individually, but my fiance and I have found some places that are really reasonable that do everything for you including decorations.

What I'm worried about with renting a place and bringing in my own vendors is that the prices for the big things like a cake, dj, catering, etc will be comparable, but that there will be extra little things like chair covers, dishes, and extra decorations that will add up. Honestly, I'd rather go somewhere that will take care of it for me so I don't have to worry about it the day of.

Have any of you had experience with this or compared the pricing? Are all inclusive packages worth it?

Also, we're only looking at places that allow us to bring our own alcohol right now.

Re: Inclusive Packages vs. Individual Vendors

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The venue we chose is all-inclusive and my FI really loved that about the place. While we may rent/buy some decorations, it is nice not having to worry about caterers and linen rentals. Plus, their price was EXTREMELY reasonable and we already know their food is good.

I'd say you should go with the venue you like the most and makes you feel the most comfortable. If that means they do most of the work, then great, if not, then you'll get to interview lots of caterers and bakeries!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am saving about $3000 w/out going the all inclusive way. I was able to book the same DJ company for $500 less with a diff.dj. Also,the caterer soon too. Our venue allows beer and wine only which is fine bc everyone drinks that :) Our venue is Regency Garden in Mesa if you want to check it out! They supply ceremony music,decorations(flowers,candles,aisle runner),linens. I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends how much DIY stuff you enjoy. I thought it would be fun to start searching out vendors and decorations and all that fun stuff. I did that for about a month then realized I would rather have someone else do it for me ;) I am not a crafty or creative person so it was really hard to picture what I wanted on my own.
    We decided to go with an all inclusive place after pricing everything out. It's a couple hundred more then if I were to choose my own vendors but I think it is worth it for basically just showing up and looking pretty. We're going with Aldea which I personally felt was one of the best deals considering what you get.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards