January 2012 Weddings

Found my daddy daughter song...and apparently a rant!

I am so happy. I found my daddy/daughter song. I think we will do Sweet Pea by Amos Lee. I know it's probably way overdone, but I heard it last night and thought it was way sweet.

I am also pretty annoyed right now with my cousin - the one who is planning a wedding for 2/4. Since she works retail I got with her to make sure she and her "husband" go the day off for my wedding and she tells me that she doesn't know and she will try to let me knwo before I have to give the final count to the caterer. So today, she posts on FB to all who have not RSVP'ed to HER wedding that she needs the count to give to the caterer...I know it should not irritate me, but seriously, why can she not just tell me a straight up yes or no? I don't want to pay for them if they can't come just as much as she doesn't want to pay for me if I don't go to hers. UGH!

OK, I really didn't intend for this to become a vent, but I guess I needed to get that off my chest! :) Thanks guys!! GO JAN 2012 BRIDES!! WOO HOO!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Found my daddy daughter song...and apparently a rant!

• I hate family. I am sorry that she is not giving your wedding any consideration. You would think she would since she knows what its like.

• I'm sincerely over the RSVP crap.  It's not that hard people.
  • edited December 2011

I agree with you Mark. I'm going through tonight and the 200+ people that still have not rsvp'd..umm sorry you won't have a seat...I don't have time to contact you again. I'm so done with it now....and glad to be! :)

And Sosie that would irritate me too. Obviously she understands how important it is to rsvp but can't show you the courtesy of doing so. Hopefully she gets back to you soon. And yay on father daughter song!!! :)

• Boo for RSVPs! The process just plain ol SUCKS!

We CAN get through all of this! We are so close!

PS: Sarah I am so happy you found your daddy/daughter song!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I totally agree with the RSVP thing. I've called. I've Facebook messaged. I'm probably being annoying and people WON'T ANSWER. It's so FRUSTRATING
    09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_found-daddy-daughter-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:915fe019-0302-46fa-9e8c-f8db42448fffPost:6a799d6a-9d60-482a-987b-155f5b67c690">Re: Found my daddy daughter song...and apparently a rant!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with you Mark. I'm going through tonight and the 200+ people that still have not rsvp'd..umm sorry you won't have a seat...I don't have time to contact you again. I'm so done with it now....and glad to be! :)
    Posted by PrettyCW5[/QUOTE]

I have a week to go and people who are <em><strong>in the wedding</strong></em> haven't even RSVPd yet.  Yes, I figure they will show up, but what about their wives and children?

I also have two uncles both named David (mom's side and dad's side).  Neither has RSVPd because both of them are trying to figure out if they can get here because they're trying to do the drive in the day before, drive back the day after thing.

We won't talk about the other 100+ people.  Some of them I could care less about, but others really hurt. :(
  • It's frustrating when it's random people, it's even more frustrating when they clearly know how important the RSVP is. So sorry about that. But yay for the father daughter song!! I love that one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am glad I am not the only one. We are almost there!! Woo hoo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so over it too... the worst part is that of all the people that haven't sent theirs back, only one couple doesn't have a good reason, or hasn't talked to me, and they are the ones that just got married. You would think they would know better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards