Chit Chat
Options

gosh

so my brother and his fi are getting married aug 20th and my bff and his fi are getting married on aug 21st, my brother lives 6 hours away from my hometown where my bffs wedding will be.

my fi says we should just skip the 2nd one. i refuse. hes my bff. we were bffs in HS and lost touch for 10 years,,, right when my Fi and i got together, i got back in touch with him and our friendship picked up where we left off. so my Fi doesnt see our friendship as that big of a deal. i do though, in fact would like him to be my MOH or a BM. (which my Fi doesnt like the idea of) Him and I are pretty close now.

my thought is that we will leave bro's reception and drive home same night, even if its late, thats ok i wont miss one or the other.

any thoughts?
10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/

Re: gosh

• Options
    If they are both in the evening, then leave the next morning. It would be easier if you weren't in each other's wedding parties, because as guests you aren't expected to be there early or stay late. I live 6 hours away from my family and often get up really early to leave for same-day events.

If your FI has problems with the friendship, then that's a separate issue you need to deal with. Is FI insecure about this relationship or does he just not get that you are close now? Talk to him about the importance of the friendship, aside from the wedding issues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ditto Sarah.
  • Options
    Sarah is wise.
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Options
    I agree with Sarah.  If your FI still doesnt want to go, you could always go by yourself if it is that important to you.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    thanks
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards