Military Brides

Gift Registry

How do you let people know where you're registered for gifts? Do you put it in with the invitations or what? I don't want to come off as rude or "gift-grabby". Relatives are already asking where we will be registering, and I assume there is an "etiquette-friendly" way of letting people know where we're registered. Help?

Re: Gift Registry

• edited March 2012
    DO NOT put it on your invitation! Word of mouth, or, if someone is throwing you a bridal shower, they can put it in that invitation. Trust me, word will get around where you're registered :)

ETA: I saw your dress post before it disappeared... you looked beautiful! Your dress is gorgeous!
  • Thanks CAB! I'll definitely take your advice and not put it on the invitation. I knew something didn't seem right about that. I had seen it sent with the wedding invitation before, so I was confused. I'll just let people know through the grapevine :)

And thank you! I am absolutely IN LOVE with my dress! So glad I waited and didn't buy the one I almost did 2 weeks ago. This one is definitely it and fits me like a glove. No alterations needed!  When my post disappeared I was like WTF. I had questions in there about veils that I needed opinions on!
  • I also loved your dress and posted on the thread. My opinion is I veil excuse I don't like them and love the headband look. BUT if you liked it, you should go for it
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I will add that if you have a wedding website... you can link your registry there. :)
    That is what we did in addition to word of mouth for our non techy friends/relatives.
  • I so tried doing the wedding website thing, and had NO patience to put it together LOL! But, Shan is right. That's totally a great idea!
  • I did a wedding website on Weebly, and we linked our registries through there.  Also, most mainstream registries are searchable - if people type your names into Google with "registry", they'll find it.  WeddingChannel.com also has a registry search, I believe.  I've found registries for people before pretty easily just by looking.

Anniversary

• Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! The wedding website is a good idea, I just don't have the time or patience to put it together and keep up with it. I think what I'll do is just go ahead and register, and if people ask I'll let them know :)
  • Pretty much every wedding I've ever attended had a registry card included in their invite. It made sense to me because my family always buys a gift for the couple, and it's really convenient to know where they are registered so that you can get what they actually want. It wasn't until coming to TK that I found out that that is rude. I can understand how it looks gift grabby. So I didn't include the cards that BBB gave me.

Instead, I put links on my TK wedding website. I really didn't think it was too difficult or time consuming to create it. TK basically tells you what to put where, so fill in the blanks. Don't feel like writing a whole story on how you met? Then just don't include that page.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards