Delaware

Newbie!

Hi ladies!
First I'd like to say congrads to you all and you FI (I have read a few posts and I am trying to learn some of the lingo). I am recently engaged to my bf of 5 years. We have two kids and I am looking forward to finally planning out wedding.
I am thinking of a march 2011 wedding. I haven't really decided any other details besides that.
I'm sure I will be full of questions and I would like to thank you in advance for your answers. I have read some of the posts and I have already found some helpful information.
I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Re: Newbie!

• Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Michelle!

Congratulations to you as well and happy planning!
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello, welcome, and congrats!  Best of luck with your planning.

Start thinking about your budget and how many guests you'd like.  That will help you to decide on the when and where!  Everything after that will just start to fall into place.

• edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the FAQs there is a frequently used knottie lingo glossary.

Welcome and congrats!!! If you have any questions...just come right out and ask. 
    Happy Planning.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! 
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Feel free to ask any questions-we are all here to help each other
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and Welcome!  Congrats on your engagement!

I definitely agree with Dibs.  Figure out your budget first; not only will that tell you what you can afford, but it can also guide you on what time of year you want/can afford with your top choice of venue.  Some venues offer discounts during the off season, so you might be able to get your dream venue or invite more guests.  Your budget is the one thing that will guide your entire wedding planning.

The next thing you want to do after that is start checking on reception venues.  Venues around here book up fast... I booked my venue (for October 2, 2010) in January 2009...and the date that I wanted originally (Oct 9) was already gone.  If you want your ceremony there, it could potentially narrow down your choices for venues, so you will also want to decide if you are having ceremony and reception in one place.

After both those are done, we can help steer you the right direction!  The girls on here are helpful and honest, and will do their best to help out!

Congrats again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards